This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Information Technology, Engineering
The Software Test Engineer leads the software test activities for one of our divisions. He or she is responsible for creating and executing plans that test the web-based software applications being deployed. Additionally, he or she will coordinate testing activities across the division so that test coverage is provided for all business applications and testing staff are used effectively. Candidates should have experience with a variety of testing techniques and be able to provide recommendations for improvements, including application of automated regression tests.
Reports to: Test Engineering Team Leader
Company: Direct Supply is the nation’s leading supplier of equipment and eCommerce systems to Senior Living. Since 1985, we have assembled one of the brightest, hardest-working teams in America. Our high-tech culture is fast paced, and our business continues to grow at an astounding rate year after year. Best of all, we are a Milwaukee-based, 100% employee-owned company that offers great opportunities for ambitious, motivated people.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
1. Test Planning & Execution (75%)
- Plan testing required for multiple, simultaneous software projects
- General understanding of business and customer objectives.
- Create, execute, and improve integration and system tests
- Report on the status of all testing on the project
- Work with project leaders on management of identified defects
- Work with a variety of systems including in-house software or integrated software/hardware
- Use coding and database skills to develop test harnesses and acquire test data for comprehensive testing of our software solutions
2. Research (15%)
- Find, evaluate and introduce new testing tools or methodologies to improve testing and quality metrics
- Identify tools and methodologies for improving traceability of requirements to test in a reliable and reproducible manner
- Work with other test engineers to implement improvements to testing tools and methodologies
- Manage and enhance our load testing and automated testing environment
- Actively seek new ways to build out the test automation framework
- Develop testing strategies while considering system scale-ability, robustness, and performance.
3. Leadership (10%)
- Determine proper staffing levels based on project testing needs
- Work with project and engineering managers to properly staff testing activities across the division
- Foster teamwork & trust through technical expertise and desire to help others
- Provide mentoring and promote continuous learning for junior engineers
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Prior experience in web development (C#, VB) on Microsoft platforms preferred
- Solid SQL development and database skills required; prior experience with design and implementation of automated testing preferred
- Completion of a Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent degree and minimum of 5+ years of industry experience
- 3+ years of software development or software
- Strong work ethic
- Able to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Strong communication skills
- Passionate about quality & testing
- Attention to detail
- Leadership experience in software testing
- Business Acumen
Direct Supply is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a diverse workforce.