This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
The RF-IV engineering post is for an individual contributor who is a subject matter expert within own discipline/ specialty area. Fully functioning technical professional who should be able to lead projects independently and develop new concepts, methods, techniques and processes on complex system performance & operational issues. Improve and sustain Wireless Network Performance by prompt identifying of Service Performance Defects and partner with responsible organizations for early and effective resolution. Responsible for Performance monitoring, analysis and troubleshooting of network KPIs for LTE, UMTS and GSM RAN technologies. Detailed trend analysis of Core, Transport, and RAN to capture impact on Network Performance. Review daily Performance top-offender from KPI reports generated by HQ or market and lead effective triaging to categorize degradation as Acute, Sporadic, and/or Chronic, and to ensure handling by appropriate organizations. Manage performance impacts due to network change activity, scheduled and non-planned Events to ensure continuity of service and prompt resolution of network impacting issues. Support customer / executive trouble tickets for network issue by diagnosing performance issues. Guided by team goals and operational objectives and timelines to Independently complete assignments by the effective and efficient use of technical best practices and specialty area standards. Key contributor on diverse projects of moderate scope. Mentor other team members; build productive internal & external relationships.
This position may be responsible for contributing to AT&T's compliance with environmental laws and regulations as applicable to its job function. This may include, but is not limited to, work related to fuel tanks, emergency and stand-by generators, boilers, hazardous waste, hazardous materials, batteries, manholes and vaults, water wells, linear and other construction projects, water discharge, or air emissions. Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
• 3-5 years of progressive successful development as an engineer in a lead role.
• Proficient in UMTS and GSM technology, Protocols and performance optimization
• Ericsson GSM/UMTS/LTE knowledge.
• Self- motivated, positive attitude and ability to work under pressure
• Good working knowledge of RF engineering principles (RF communications theory, design principles, network performance &optimization,) Network architecture and Wireless engineering principles (cell site/tower design, attributes and specifications, RAN design, spectrum/frequency planning, etc.)
• Post processing tools Experince –Actix,TEMS,Probe,NEMO analyzer,CDR.
• Strong written and communication skills
• Excel macros, MS Access, visual basic development and SQL programming skills are a plus .
• Subject matter expert on Ericsson platform for 2G & 3G RAN technologies with strong performance, configuration and fault management skills.
• Good working knowledge and experience with LTE.
• Highly proficient with Ericsson RAN hardware, tools, features and functionalities.
• Multi vendor experience to work in diverse market scenarios.
• Strong working knowledge of Antenna and transmission system equipment.
• Possess good understanding of 3GPP standards related to air interface signaling and protocols.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V