This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Responsibilities: Our client is seeking an Engineer to work on Applications / Systems operation and maintenance services for existing information systems and websites. This position is located in Vienna, Virginia.
- Support a Team regarding the overall system architecture with an emphasis on ensuring the product releases are delivered on time; meeting defined system requirements; testing completed according to system test plan, and accompanied by appropriate system documentation and training
- Provide technical expertise in modifying / enhancing software applications for customers, aligned with industry best practices
- Troubleshoot complex technical issues
- Develop plans, schedules, and resource estimates for projects
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple technical tasks
- Recommend and implement new technologies and architectures to ensure applications remain current and robust
- Provide technical mentorship and analytical guidance to Developers, QA, and DBAs across concurrent projects
Kforce (Nasdaq:KFRC) is a professional staffing and solutions firm providing flexible and permanent staffing solutions in the skill areas of technology, finance & accounting, clinical research and healthcare. Backed by approximately our associates and consultants on assignment, Kforce is committed to "Great People = Great Results" for our valued clients and candidates. Kforce operates with 65 offices located throughout the United States and two offices in the Philippines.
Job Ref#: 2312~AQG~1133289P1~99
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- 12+ years of professional experience in the IT software development industry with good SDLC process knowledge and knowledge of all components of a technical architecture
- Experience in developing and maintaining enterprise software and web-based applications
- 4+ years of experience leading a team and being responsible for cost, schedule, and technical performance
- Excellent analytical and technical skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Excellent planning, organizational, and communication skills to interact with team members
- Experience working in a Modified Waterfall environment
- 8+ years of Java/J2EE programming experience
- 8+ years of Web development experience with Java Frameworks such as OpenSSO, JBoss, Seam, Jasper Server, Struts, JSF, Spring, EJB, and Rich Faces
- Ability to communicate effectively; orally and in writing
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently