This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Media - Journalism - Newspaper
- Technical Director will lead and be responsible for the pre-production and technical direction of the 6:00pm and 11:00pm Newscasts. Position requires the ability to shoot and edit News stories/packages.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily technical direction of 6pm and 11pm newscasts.
- Assemble a complete half-hour newscast
- Responsible for shooting and editing stories for daily live newscasts working with Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier Pro
- Knowledge of working with graphics in Photoshop/Illustrator, for preparation in character generator software
- Work with iNews daily for preparation of newscasts
- Good working knowledge of broadcast operations/IT
- Able to work at fast pace and under tight deadlines, under Operations Director guidance
- Other duties as assigned and deemed necessary.
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration
- Proficient in Final Cut Pro/Adobe Premier Pro and Photoshop
- Working knowledge of ENG/EFP
- Experience with Studio productions
- Must be able to work on Holidays
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Experience and Education
- A minimum of 2 years of successful track record in broadcast television production or one year technical direction preferred
- Prior experience in Spanish language television broadcasting preferred
- College degree or applicable work experience / training preferred.
- Excellent communication skills required, both written and oral
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) communication skills are preferred.
· Ability to stand, walk bend, type, edit, reach, sit for up to (8) hours and lift up to 30 lbs.
Interested and qualified candidates should mail or email cover letter, resume and non-returnable demo to:
Eduardo Kachscovsky at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Job Reference #: KUTH-13-04
We do not confirm receipt of resumes
Univision is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to ensuring a diverse workforce by providing broad outreach to all qualified applicants regarding job vacancies at the station. Organizations that regularly distribute information about employment opportunities to job seekers or provide employment referrals that wish to receive notices of our job vacancies may do so by contacting Univision Human Resources at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER