This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Nurse, Health Care
The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing individualized, age specific, goal directed care. The RN assesses the needs of the patient/client in order to develop a plan of care and then implements and evaluates the plan. The RN bases the plan of care on current nursing knowledge/skills and institutional methodology. The RN accepts assignments that are commensurate with his/her experience, knowledge and ability. The RN delegates tasks to the licensed and unlicensed personnel according to the Texas Nurse Practice Act and hospital policy. Night shift 7p-7a.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Certificates / Licenses:
- Current state Registered Nurse license; or eligible for immediate state license.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) Certification.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification.
- Current CCRN (Certification for Adult, Pediatric and Neonatal Critical Care Nurses) National Certification preferred.
- Maintain Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification
- One year experience required in ICU unit.
- Must pass critical care medication & EKG rhythm recognition test on hire.
- Able to meet physical and sensory requirements of job.
- Able to successfully complete orientation of job performance.
- Able to meet health standards for hospital employment.
- Prior acute-care experience required.
- Must be highly motivated and committed to a quality of care that emphasizes the patient first.
Intensive Care / Critical CareOrganization:
Tomball Regional Medical CenterEmployee Status: