This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Nexeo Solutions is focused exclusively on the business of connecting producers and customers of chemicals, plastics, composites and environmental services. With operations across North America, Europe and Asia, Nexeo Solutions aspires to be the global leader in our industry. Our global infrastructure, experienced team and efficient private fleet position us to help your business connect to the opportunities of the global economic recovery.
We offer a competitive salary, incentive and benefit plan. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, accident and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and 401(k). For more information about Nexeo Solutions, visit www.nexeosolutions.com.
The Driver Material Handler is required to load outbound and unload inbound package inventory using a forklift, hook up the proper hoses and tanks to load / off load inbound bulk inventory, put the packaged inventory away in the warehouse, if needed, breakdown the pallet and put away the inventory by hand. The position will include the picking of and staging of packaged orders, the filling of drums and totes and making blends. Operates company owned or leased bulk, dry bulk, hybrid or packaged trucks over 20 tons to facilitate shipping and receiving operations. Perform tasks safely and in a manner consistent with Nexeo Solutions procedures. Communicates information effectively to internal Nexeo Solutions team members and external customers in a professional manner which contributes to servicing the customer and collaboration. Completes accurate cycle counts as required. Must be medically certified to operate a commercial motor vehicle per 49 CFR 390.5, except as provided in 391.67. Must be able to safely work with load securing devices
1. Operate company owned and leased trucks over 20 tons to facilitate shipping and receiving operations of bulk or packaged goods.
2. Perform required pre-trip, during and post-trip vehicle inspections and provide required reports. Monitor hours of service accurately.
3. Provide outstanding customer service during the delivery and pick up operations. Assist customers with questions or problems attend to customer needs. Ensure delivered goods correspond to products identified on the bill of lading.
4. Maintain all required certifications required by the D.O.T, OSHA and company safety programs. Maintain eligibility to hold hazardous materials endorsements (no disqualifying offenses per the TSA). Maintain a valid commercial driver's license (Class A) with Hazardous Material Endorsement.
5. Maintain and protect all company property entrusted to you in excellent condition.
6. During loading and unloading process check weights of shipment and monitor distribution weight to legal road limits. Ensures material is properly and safely loaded and unloaded from vehicle for either bulk or packaged delivery. Check material for damage and quantity discrepancies. Engage appropriate Nexeo Solutions team member if any discrepancies exist.
7. Pick up empty or partially empty drums, totes. Review paperwork to ensure transport of material is authorized and in compliance.
8. Operate fork lift to pick material, store and stage material.
9. Bulk off load material from either bulk tank trucks or rail cars using a fork lift or a pallet jack or by moving and connecting 50 lb. hoses between the storage vehicle and piping system in load rack.
10. Filling drums or totes on a roller line to meet Nexeo Solutions and customer specifications. Ensure proper labeling of material.
11. Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations (e.g. warehouse clean up).
12. Attend and participate in training meetings.
13. Perform duties and tasks in a manner consistent with the Business Responsibilities of an Nexeo Solutions employee.
Customary Physical Demands / Effort:
• Occasionally must be able to lift, pull or push 50 lbs. Frequently must be able to lift, pull or push 50 lbs. Frequently must be able to sit and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time. Frequently may be pushing or pulling fully stacked pallet on pallet jack.
Climbing or Balancing:
• Frequently must be able to ascend and descend ladder to vent bulk tanks.
Walking / Running / Stooping / Kneeling / Crouching / Crawling:
• Must frequently be able to kneel or crouch to inspect vehicle.
Reaching / Handling / Fingering and or Feeling:
• Frequently must be able to position and connect hoses and detect secure and proper fittings for bulk loading and unloading.
Talking and or Hearing:
• Communicates information essential to accurate receipt and shipment of material to customers. Expresses ideas clearly and in a professional manner. Hear warning facility or warning signals to maintain safe clearing from moving vehicles (e.g. backing).
• Ability to identify road signage and assess road conditions and discern implication for safe operation of vehicle. Ability to see warning signals.
• Must be able to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle as defined by 49 CFR 391.41
Customary Mental Functions:
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand and apply instructions in the English language.
• Must be able to understand and fully comply with all laws governing the trucking and warehousing industry. Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations related to container quantities, blending, etc.)
Equipment Used (What / How Often):
• Information System: At Roads; People Net, Vehicle Types: Tractor trailer, tanker, straight truck, hybrid ;
• Hoses: 2-inch and 3-inch chemical galvanized caged hoses with carbon steel fittings. Hoses weigh approximately seven pounds per foot and vary from five to twenty foot lengths. Hoses used daily at an average of two hours per day. Pumps: Blackmer 3 -inch used an average of seven hours per day; 1 inch Sandpiper air pump used an average of 45 minutes per week 2 inch Westinghouse Lifeline T three horsepower pump used approximately two hours per week. Material Movement: Forklifts eight hours per shift with drum pickers seven hours per shift.
To apply directly to this opening please visit www.nexeosolutions.com, enter our Careers tab and complete your online profile for Req. #20010187.
Nexeo Solutions is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons in all job classifications in recruitment, selection and promotion without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, pregnancy status, genetic information, disability and / or any other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal law.
Nexeo Solutions participates in the E-Verify program to ensure employment eligibility of newly hired employees where required.