This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Health Care
Pediatrix Medical Group, the nation's leading provider of maternal-fetal, newborn and pediatric subspecialty physician services, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Billing Associate for our Dallas area office.
The Patient Service Associate insures payment for Cardiology services by obtaining appropriate referral and authorization paperwork from third party payers and insurance companies. The Patient Service Associate is responsible to ensure smooth clinic, patient and billing flow by greeting and directing patients to their various appointments, preparing the daily clinic schedule and updating the physicians' schedules, maintaining patient files and records, interfacing with the different corporate departments and by receiving and directly patient questions to appropriate people. Works as a team member to facilitate patient care and optimize the revenue cycle.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
1. High School diploma or equivalent required.
2. Three years recent experience in a related position in a medical office; pediatric or pediatric cardiology office experience preferred.
3. Ability to prioritize jobs duties and meet deadlines.
4. Ability to effectively work on many tasks at one time.
5. Have superior customer service and verbal and written communication skills.
6. Strong computer knowledge; experience preferred.
7. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
8. Knowledge of medical terminology, cardiology coding, office billing forms, insurance and government payer regulations and other third party billing requirements preferred.
9. Must be able to work cooperatively in a team environment.
10. Ability to handle stressful situations.
11. Excellent organizational, time management, and attention to detail capabilities.
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer.