This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Business Development, Insurance, Sales
Kick your Career into High Gear with Direct Auto Insurance!! You’ll see we do things differently here at Direct. We have integrity, we are honest and we treat our customers and employees fairly. You’ll see that “we’ll do right by you" – we’ll give you the right training with the right career path including the right incentives and last, but not least…we’ll treat you Right! We offer base pay plus commission, comprehensive benefit plans and paid time off. Our Agents play a significant role within the organization. If you want to put your sales, customer service & marketing skills to the test, Apply Today!
The Agent Manager/Lead Agent role is responsible for the profitable growth and the attainment of new business goals in a specific market area. In addition to implementing new business and marketing strategies to develop new customer relationships and retain current customer base, the Lead Agent also coordinates the activities of the office staff in the areas of sales reporting, sales administration and workforce scheduling.
- Responsible for leading the retail sales operation and coordinating the sales, marketing and administrative activities of the store staff.
- Work with the District Sales Manager in the setting, managing and reporting of sales and marketing metrics and results.
- Will assist the District Sales Manager to ensure the staff is appropriately trained in the areas of soft skills, products and services and industry compliance.
- Meet and exceed sale’s goals through new product sales, cross selling and retention of current customers.
- Implement marketing programs and initiatives which further the Direct General brand in the local market (car dealerships, local events, etc.)
- Build and maintain relationships with community organizations and local business
- Develop and manage customer relationships and serve as a resource to customers and potential customers on all Direct General’s products and services.
- Responsible for monitoring key competitors in the local market area and making suggestions on initiatives that could improve Direct General’s position in the marketplace.
- Receive customer payments, issue receipts and verify balance/daily reports of receipts for cash drawers.
- Understand, promote and remain current on company underwriting guidelines, announcements, and memos related to changes in company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for sales administration and reporting activities.
High School Diploma/equivalent required, college degree a plus
Active State Property/Casualty and Life Licenses strongly preferred. If not licensed, must be able to obtain license within 90 days
2- 4 years successful business-to-consumer sales experience, ideally within the insurance industry
Excellent leadership skills with minimum 1 year management experience
Strong demonstrated ability to market and sell in multi-product environment where cross selling and customer retention is essential to sales budget attainment
Excellent interpersonal skills including written, verbal and presentation delivery with ability to clearly communicate the features and benefits of insurance and other ancillary products to customers
Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer relationships and provide excellent customer service
Experience or strong willingness to develop key relationships and market our products within community organizations and the local business community
Knowledge of insurance laws, regulations and processes, ability to analyze and interpret insurance policies and insurance coverage and/or experience in working in a compliance and regulatory environment strongly preferred
Strong computer skills and working knowledge of MS Office applications