This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
About Schneider Electric:
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructures, Industries & Machine Manufacturers, Non-residential Buildings, Data Centres & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group's 130,000 plus employees achieved sales of 22.4 billion euros in 2011, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy. www.schneider-electric.com
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
The position will be responsible for developing, supporting and delivering integrated, intelligent solutions and process for Schneider Electric customers in the public domain and particularly with in the context of Cities. The ideal candidate possesses the ability to build solutions by understanding the customer context and value chain, process and needs, as well as technical complexity induced by the integration of numerous interconnected components and sub-systems.
Must possess the ability to understand customer needs and decision criteria in order to build differentiating solutions, while managing profitability and risks, as well as the technical complexity induced by the integration of numerous interconnected components
Develops and adapts reference architectures to meet specific customer needs. Performs gap analysis between customer needs and reference architecture, adapts the process description to identify key decision criteria for the customer.
Proposes an adapted architecture meeting the local customer needs and capitalizing on reference architectures to reduce time and execution risks.
This could lead to spending 50%-80% time with customers to capture needs, present potential ideas, and fine tune solutions through intensive customer interaction
Develop and promote differentiated technical thought leadership through various media including written papers, presentations at industry events, networking, etc.
Key responsibilities include:
1. In depth knowledge of customer process, parameters to be optimized and decision criteria to bring a differentiating value to the customer.
2. Development and adaptation of reference architectures to meet specific customer needs. Capitalize to specific market segment experience to propose solutions and architectures to satisfy customer performance needs. Optimal technical solutions will meet both Capex and Opex needs of the customer.
3. Adapt the process description to identify the key decision criteria of the customer and propose an adapted architecture. Meet with local customer needs and capitalize on reference architectures to reduce time and execution risks
4. Support the selling teams on customer engagements by sharing our technical/solutions capabilities and demonstrating our understanding of the customer's business drivers
5. Draw a customized architecture proposition, based on gap analysis from reference architecture for the segment
6. Act as a consultant to local solution execution teams during project delivery
7. Work collaboratively across all Schneider Electric BUs to engage technical and support staff to deliver full Schneider off to customer
8. Pre-sales support, solution prescription, customer engagement with segment expertise and strong system engineering.
9. Tendering support: take ownership for the overall system architecture being proposed, to ensure customer requirement are properly translated in the offer and that there is no gap between the various work packages and the limits of the system offer.
10. Execution support: once a project is booked, this role will coordinate the system level design and the various work packages during the design phase. The various work package owners are specialized on their applications but not on the whole system. This activity can extend during the project execution when there are major amendments that impact several packages and that may require segment expertise to define the best suited solution to customer change requests and to arbitrate between various work packages (internal and external).
Schneider Electric is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.