This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Accounting, Finance
The Lead Cardiovascular Charge Capture Auditor promotes the accuracy of Cath and EP Lab coding practices and procedures. Identifies deficiencies and inaccuracies in recording charges for services rendered to consumers. Conducts audits to verify accuracy of records, compliance with standards, policies and procedures. The Lead Auditor educates staff and physicians of billing compliance and changes. The auditor confirms proper physician dictation correlates with the patient bill before it is submitted for payment. This position compiles audit findings and recommendations for modicfication and improvements to systems and procedures and provides education to employees related to audit findings. This position requires extensive knowledge of cardiovascular procedures and coding standards and requires continuing education to maintain billing/coding standards. Essential Duties:
- Completes 100% audit of all cath lab procedures comparing charges to operative notes.
- Corrects any errors identified in audits of accounts and coordinates billing updates with patient accounts.
- Provides auditing reports to Director on monthly basis.
- Identifies issues related to cath lab charges and educates staff as needed to correct variances.
- Maintains charge master for cath lab and works with director and other staff to implement appropriate changes.
- Works with director and appropriate staff to update cath lab documentation system as needed.
- Educates physicians regarding documentation needs or involves director as appropriate.
- Routinely provides staff education regarding charge master and documentation.
- Collaborates with the chargemaster coordinator for changes needed related to procedures, supplies or updating CPT codes as needed.
- Assists the billing office with resolving billing issues or denials, research billing, coding and pricing requirements when new procedure or products are introduced.
- Conducts regular reconciliation of completed procedures.
- Performs routine audits independently for staff performance with coding procedures and participates in performance improvement activities.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing or radiology technology school.
- Business administration, hospital administration or coding certification pr
- Three to five years as RN or RT with at least three years experience in an interventional cath lab.
- Experience with Meditech, Chartmaxx preferred.
- Experience with cardiovascular billing and CPT coding processes, education adn trouble shooting.
- BLS certification required.
- Business administration, hospital administration or coding certification preferred.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers/CBShift: 1
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period: 80
Weekends Required: None
Status: Full Time