This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Installation - Maint - Repair, Skilled Labor - Trades, Customer Service
Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Altec and its partner companies are a leading provider of products and services to the electric utility, telecommunications and contractor markets. We specialize in the design, manufacture, sale, and servicing of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment. Altec provides these products and services in over 100 countries throughout the world.
Altec pursues a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, goals build upon it, and everyone plays an essential role in helping to achieve it. The history, tradition and culture of Altec reflect our values (alphabetical): • Customer first • Enjoyment of work • Family • Financial stability • Integrity • People are our greatest strength • Quality • Spiritual development • Teamwork
The immediate opportunity is for a Mobile Technician Trainee. Provide quality service and repair to the customer, completing such work at customer facilities or work sites. Work from your home with a company vehicle, special tools, training, and support.
Provide maintenance, warranty, and repair services on designated product lines.
• Service and repair tasks range from the basic to complex, including mechanical, hydraulic and electrical troubleshooting, replacing components, evaluating repairs and damage, rebuilding and remounting equipment, performing diagnostics and structural repairs on critical components.
• Perform all tasks consistent with Altec and customer safety practices and procedures.
• Practice efficient recordkeeping, for parts ordering and inventory, basic contract provisions with respect to product warranties, for expense reporting, and for customer invoicing. Maintain accurate records of all service and repair work.
• Utilize manuals in determining procedures and identifying parts.
• Keep skills and knowledge base current to effectively service and repair new machinery and implement new service and repair techniques.
• Satisfactorily complete all assigned on-the-job and classroom training. Acquire and demonstrate a working knowledge of the mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic components of the product line and the repair / service procedures applicable to such components.
For immediate consideration,
Apply on-line at www.altec.com/careers.php and Search Jobs for 6452
Or send a resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Some work experience or educational background related to mechanics, electronics or hydraulic systems.
• Hands-on experience with same or related heavy equipment (e.g., farm tractors, cranes, ground support equipment, construction equipment, tanks) would be a plus.
• Basic knowledge of hand tools, power tools and measuring devices.
• Ability to learn computer skills necessary for communication and records keeping.
• Physical effort is required to move objects that may weigh up to 75 pounds, including service-related tools.
• Frequent stooping, bending, squatting and kneeling are required to service and repair equipment.
• A high level of dexterity is required in the use of a variety of hand and power tools.
• Overtime and shift work may be required. In addition, a Mobile Service Technician must be able to work hourly schedules that are not likely to be uniform day-to-day and to travel, extensively at times, to meet customer needs.
• Able to obtain DOT card.
• Able to maintain the assigned company vehicle and vehicle inventory in a clean, organized manner.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is leading the industry and setting the standard of excellence. We promote an environment built on teamwork where knowledge is shared and innovative solutions are the result. The expertise of our Team is as critical to our success as is the effectiveness of our products and solutions. At Altec, you can personally excel and work with peers to build and service the industry's most innovative products and solutions. Join the thousands who have made Altec their career decision!
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.
Thank you for your interest in careers with Altec Industries, Inc.