This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Executive, Management
Aqua Ohio, Inc., Ohio’s largest investor-owned water utility company, is current searching for a Vice President, Operations Manager to oversee all personnel and ensure that Company goals are met.
This position reports to the President and is located in Boardman, OH. Relocation assistance is available.
The Vice President, Operations Manager is responsible for the planning, staffing, and managing of Ohio production and field operations.
- Supervises staff including responsibility for employee selection, mutual development of performance goals and measurements; performance evaluation; providing training and growth opportunities; planning and directing state-wide work assignments; creating atmosphere of trust and support; administering company policies affecting staff; and communicating information for effective job performance.
- Assists in the development and implementation of annual business plans that establish the strategies and objectives of the organization. Annually identifies the performance goals for each operating division in the company.
- Assists in the development and implementation of annual operating and capital budgets for the organization, including the regular analysis and reporting of results. Manage company resources to achieve the budgeted income from operations.
- Supervises Area Managers and water quality compliance staff. Provides supervision, training, and performance review appraisals for this employee group.
- Develops and maintains communications between the corporate location and operating divisions. Ensures the consistent application of company policies throughout the organization. Promotes team problem solving and shared resources across the state.
- Develops and implements programs to ensure quality water service to the customer, including compliance with all federal and state water quality regulations and compliance with state business and economic regulations for public utilities. Seeks to deliver value to the customer through the application of best management practices.
- Understands and applies the principles of professional water works practice in the operations, maintenance, repair, and replacement of utility assets and infrastructure.
- Represents the company at various federal, state, and local levels. Establishes and maintains positive public relations with key customers, local officials, state and federal regulators, other state agencies, elected officials, and industry groups. Provides written and oral testimony on regulatory and legislative matters.
- Monitors performance on established monthly operational and customer service metrics. Ensures issues/trends are addressed consistently within the divisions by providing guidance to the Production Manager and Field Supervisor work groups.
- Assists President as needed and assumes responsibilities during President's absence.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience that will provide a sound background and level of knowledge in operational, environmental and financial aspects of managing a utility is required.
- Ten years’ experience with increasing management responsibilities and experience in managing multiple locations in a growth environment is essential.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and decision making characteristics to thrive in a highly decentralized environment and be able to interact positively with employees, customers, communities, public officials and regulators.
- Must be able to motivate people, manage differences and resolve conflicts and unite people in a common effort to obtain company objectives.
- Must be able to anticipate change and organize people to adapt to the environment.
- Competitive salary package with Bonus potential, Car Allowance and Performance Shares
- Generous relocation assistance package offered
- M/D/V benefits
- 401K with company match
- Very stable and rapidly growing company
- Growth Opportunities and More!