This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Jacobson Companies, one of the Nation’s largest Third Party Logistics Companies with over 7,000 employees in 175 locations has an exciting opportunity for multiple Operations Supervisors at our Lancaster, PA location.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain proper workflow through efficient use of space and personnel following directives of Operations Manager.
- Responsible for establishing work schedules, assigning jobs, training staff, coaching, counseling and creating a culture that supports high employee morale.
- Control customer inventory level by supervising all aspects of the shipping/receiving process; including but not limited to coordinating unloading of inbound shipments, picking and staging of timed outbound shipments, verifying required shipping paperwork and meeting timed loads and outbound schedules.
- Provide safe and secure work environment through training and safety inspections.
- Responsible for supervising performance of hourly employees, providing feedback verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends if requested or needed.
- Develop a strong team environment, including conducting pre-shift meetings, floor presence and excellent follow up.
- Understand, implement, and carry out all Company policies, procedures, and standards including but not limited to Human Resources Management policies, Quality Management System training and site-specific training.
- Additional supervisory duties as assigned.
The qualified candidates are preferred to possess a Bachelor’s Degree and two years of related experience. The qualified candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability or preference to work in a high volume atmosphere, demonstrate the effective use of analytical and administrative skills, and strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products. To be considered candidates will have demonstrated excellent planning, organizing, scheduling, conflict management, and decision making skills.
Jacobson Companies offers a competitive salary, an attractive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and 401k and a progressive work environment.
Drug screen, background check required. Jacobson Companies is an equal opportunity employer.