This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Other, Health Care, Nonprofit - Social Services
Working at Devereux Pennsylvania Adult Services will allow you the opportunity to "Make a Difference" in the lives of our clients. Our staff foster therapeutic relationships with the clients and work together as a team with strong emphasis on individualized service delivery and positive approaches.
Join Devereux as we prepare to enter our second century of service positioned as the nation's largest non-profit behavioral healthcare provider!
Devereux PA Adult Services is seeking a Full time Assistant Program Supervisor for one of our ICF group homes in Berwyn, PA. The Program Supervisor will oversee intellectually and developmentally disabled adults and partner with these individuals to facilitate daily care enhance personal development, foster self-esteem and meet or exceed individualized goals for success.
Shift Available: Full time
Week 1: Tues 1p-9p, Wed 7a-3p, Thurs 2p-10p, Fri 1p-9p, Sat 7a-3
Week 2: Sun 7a-3p, Tues 1p-9p, Wed 7a-3p, Thurs 2p-10p, Fri 1p-9p
You will be expected to actively assist your assigned clients in the participation, involvement and routine of their individualized program.
Examples include but are not limited to:
Directs the daily operation of assigned residential facility(s) to assure quality services that meet the therapeutic, social, emotional, health, and safety needs of the Individuals, in accordance with Devereux Philosophy of Care, established Center Procedures, Standards of Conduct, Best Practices, and regulatory requirements.
Collaborates with Center Leadership to oversee residential program leaders and residential staff to ensure Individuals are safe, healthy, and living in a clean environment.
Consults with Human Resources on employee relations, recruitment, and retention.
Important things to know about this job....
What training will I receive?
- Safe and Positive Approaches to restraints
- CPR and First AID
- Suicide Prevention
- Learn to apply the governing principles of Devereux's treatment model and so much more...
What is the potential for advancement?
- Devereux prefers to develop employees and promote from within. This often means your Manager has learned and gained their experience in the same job you are applying for. The next level position is typically for individuals who have had some formal experience working with children with special needs in a residential setting. With 15 Centers in 11 states, Devereux is the largest, non-profit behavioral healthcare organization in the USA. We offer the opportunity to learn, grow, and accomplish the extraordinary. There is potential for full time and management opportunities for those who strive to implement our Philosophy of Care and improve the lives of our clients.
-If you're a highly motivated person who wants to thrive in a high energy, leading-edge mental health and behavioral healthcare environment, you will find that Devereux is a great place to build your career and professional skills.
For more information about Devereux PA Adult Services visit our home page at www.devereux.org/site/PageServer?pagename=whi_index.
KEYWORDS: autism, developmental disability, residential counselor, mental health, human services
To qualify, we require:
- At least 6 months experience working directly with ADULTS with intellectual/developmental disabilities and/or mental health diagnoses, REQUIRED
- Bachelors degree in Human Services or related field, REQUIRED
- Must be able to complete a two week new hire orientation class; hours are approximately 8:45 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day
- Must be 21 years of age
- Valid Pennsylvania license
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills and mastery of Microsoft Office applications
As a part of our screening process, ALL candidates are required to provide documented proof of education; high school diploma, General Education Diploma (GED), &/or college/university degree, as required by the role. Appropriate documentation includes: official transcript or letter of equivalency (ANY U.S. education credential) OR U.S. Equivalency Summary (ANY non-U.S. education credential).
Devereux is a drug free workplace, drug testing required. EOE