This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Accounting, Finance
General Dynamics is immediately seeking a Senior Finance Analyst in our Oklahoma City office.
The Senior Finance Analyst performs financial analysis and reporting in order to monitor finances associated with business operations. Previous experience with project finance, strategic business planning, budgeting and forecasting required with an emphasis on cash management.
1. Responsible for complex tasks in various financial functions such as budgeting, auditing, forecasting and analysis.
2. Collects and reviews financial data from various sources.
3. Creates, maintains, and updates financial databases and spreadsheets, and generates various financial reports as required.
4. Analyzes assigned contracts projected staff hours, contract totals, revenues, and profit totals.
5. Maintains appropriate records and documentation.
6. Supports assigned managers in managing, tracking, monitoring, and reporting financial data as requested.
7. Makes recommendations to management to improve the financial performance of the organization.
8. Develops budgets for assigned contracts and tracks performance to budgets.
9. Assists in the development of financial policies and guidelines.
10. Conducts audits and analysis of their organizations direct and indirect costs, and reviews their practices and procedures, ensuring that labor and non-labor charges are approved, allowable, and processed in a timely manner.
11. May have risk identification and recovery responsibilities.
12. Ensures compliance with internal policies and procedures, as well as DAR, FAR, SOX and other government regulations.
13. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced employees, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
14. Maintains current knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
15. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Finance or a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
Required Work Experience:
5-8 years of related finance or business analysis experience.
Other Desirable Requirements:
Strong Excel skills, team player and flexible.
Knowledge of relevant software applications, including Excel, Hyperion, and Oracle financial systems preferred.