This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Health and Safety Manager for Engineered Products, North America (EPNA) has responsibility for overall leadership of the health and safety function at EPNA’s manufacturing facilities located in Mississippi, Ohio, South Carolina and Tennessee. This role focuses on health and safety management to maintain a safe workplace and compliance with all applicable regulations. The EPNA Health and Safety Manager participates as a key leader on the JM Health and Safety Leadership team to assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of world-class health and safety management programs and practices and in coordination of strategies, goals and tactical objectives among all JM business units. The EPNA Health and Safety Manager reports directly to the Director of Operations, EPNA and on a functional basis to the Vice President, Safety, Environment and Risk Management. Position can be based in Denver, CO or any of our EPNA facilities. Responsibilities: Leading JM’s health and safety management system for EPNA plants in coordination with JM corporate standards including planning, implementation, integration, and control of programs and practices for:
• local facility management of health and safety
• employee involvement in health and safety activities
• analysis of worksite hazards
• prevention and control of hazards
• Tracking and reporting of safety metrics and goals for EPNA plants on a weekly and monthly basis.
• Applying thorough and practical knowledge of Federal and State health and safety regulations applicable to manufacturing operations to lead and support the EPNA plants to ensure that plant operations maintain compliance.
• Identifying concerns, risks and questions associated with compliance to health and safety standards.
• Leading improvement efforts as well as auditing the success of health and safety processes.
• Effectively applying comprehensive health and safety systems and case management skills to track trends and adopt corrective actions needed to prevent injuries and illnesses and to minimize employees' time away from work.
• Implementing testing or simulation of manufacturing processes to aid with risk assessment and injury investigations; implementing emergency action plans and coordinating plant security; conducting and/or advising plant personnel on incident investigations and root cause analysis.
• Supporting the Risk Management and Loss Control team in engineering loss control process for mitigating and reducing exposures to fires and other hazards in EPNA plants.
• Participating in oversight and leadership of the company’s Management of Change process and its implementation in EPNA plants, including coordinating technical and regulatory analysis of proposed changes in manufacturing machine configurations or changes in materials used for manufacturing. • Determining personnel resource requirements for health and safety for each EPNA facility and working with plant management to fulfill those requirements.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• 5-7 years experience in health and safety and/or operations required.
• 5+ years experience in a health and safety management in a manufacturing environment
• Demonstrated experience in successfully managing projects and processes within a manufacturing environment.
• Proven leadership skills which have positively impacted health and safety performance including meeting regulatory standards.
• Experience in coordinating third-party contractors.
• Significant knowledge of regulatory standards related to health and safety
• Demonstrated ability to work with respective outside regulatory agencies (OSHA, State level).
Additional Consideration Given To Those With:
• Continuous Operations Experience
• Experience in an industry using high temperature processes such as steel mills, glass industry, metal refineries
• Professional designation of Certified Safety Professional
• Previous management experience
• Multi-site responsibility
• Health and safety leadership experience at a VPP star certified site
• Degree related to technical or scientific