This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Information Technology
At GE Lighting, we’re leading a global lighting revolution. In developing innovative energy-efficient lighting products, systems, and solutions for today and the future – such as world-class LED, fluorescent and ceramic metal halide light sources -- GE Lighting teams around the world are dedicated to leading a global lighting revolution to deliver innovative solutions that change the way people light and think about their world. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic atmosphere working with the most talented people in the industry in an open, developmental environment with abundant opportunities to learn, grow and advance within the organization. If you’re a driven, independent problem solver who brings leadership and enthusiasm to everything you do, then join GE in creating the next generation of products that will improve the lives of consumers for generations to come.
As part of the GE Lighting Information team, the candidate will be responsible to establish development strategy, standards and operational procedures, lead design and implementations of Data Quality, Data Governance, and Data conversions for GE Lighting ERP/SAP program.
• IT Project leadership for Data conversions & Data Quality by driving on-time and quality project deliverables for ERP rollout
• Define and implement data strategy, policies, controls and programs to ensure that the enterprise data is accurate, complete, secure and reliable.
• Identify areas for data quality improvement and help to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies
• Lead and manage a team of technical experts responsible for leading data management projects and initiatives from inception to delivery
• Scoping, prioritization, planning and execution of the Organization’s Data Management strategic roadmap.
• Engaging and collaborating with senior leaders and peers in evolving data management within the organization’s applications and processes.
• Engaging with relevant internal GE parties and external vendors in best practice sharing and effective solution delivery.
• Managing a vendor team of experienced data management professionals responsible for the planning and execution of multiple data related initiatives in the realms of data governance, master data management, data retention, data quality and data migrations.
• Provide status, progress and results reporting to senior management.
• Minimum 6 years previous experience in Information Technology with focus on data management -governance, quality, migration, master data management and security.• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience• Minimum of 2 years of SAP ERP data migration & data quality experience• Basic understanding of SAP ECC functional modules: FICO, SD, MM, PP, QM• Minimum of 1 year ERP data Interfacing & Integration experience • Broad knowledge of IT systems, processes and controls• Team management - Demonstrated cross functional team leadership working across global development contractors (both onshore and offshore), consultants and vendors• Project Management – Demonstrated project management experience including management of large IT programs, encompassing at least 2 simultaneous projects, within the constraints of scope, time and resources and to achieve overall program objectives aligned to business strategy• Change Acceleration – strong knowledge of change acceleration tools and demonstrated use of change acceleration and change management in across new processes and controls• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States• Willing to submit to a background investigation and drug test as part of the selection process • Willing to work out of GE Lighting office in Cleveland, OH
• Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication, and leadership skills with the ability to quickly build credibility, influence and make recommendations to all levels• Strong analytical and problem solving skills combined with exceptional business acumen • Organizational skills - ability to multi-task, prioritize, and execute on assigned deliverables • Facilitation skills - emphasis on coordinating customer relationships with internal functions/groups; ability to solve issues by coordinating across cross-functional areas• Strong cross-functional team player working seamlessly within a matrix structure• Strong organizational skills – ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously• Strategic perspective with demonstrated accountability & execution fulfillment• Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication, and leadership skills with the ability to quickly build credibility, influence and make recommendations to all levels• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment