This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Advanced Analysis & Consulting
The Advanced Analysis Team within Ecova is a higher level analysis and reporting team responsible for all direct reporting needs for reoccurring Financial, Energy and Carbon information. Given the current business climate, understanding expenses are critical to any company’s success, and accurate and effective reporting plays a pivotal role in decision making at all levels for our clients. You will be working in a diverse team with other analysts, specialists and programmers that support a wide variety of clients in industries like retail, food service, telecommunications, and hospitality.
The Director, Expense Optimization will be responsible for the development and execution of several expense focused consulting services, specifically incentive and auditing services. This position exists to ensure that all planning, directing and coordinating activities for this client facing department are completed on a day to day basis, with the ultimate goal to provide our clients with a team of resources to help them effectively manage their expenses on a different level.
- Establish and develop a solid team leading from organizational design for appropriate skill sets and career pathing, including developing operational metrics and workflow management, as well as full P&L responsibility.
- Will be expected to develop managers within this department as these existing teams grow, so experience in mentoring leaders is a plus
- Manipulate, analyze and interpret utility invoices, rebate guidelines, etc for city, state and sales tax requirements, and to teach others how to do the same.
- Understanding of the rebate landscape – where rebates are applicable, specific technologies that apply to commercial clients, etc for the ability to maximize total recovery
- Develop standard methodologies to summarize findings (including overcharge calculations) and recommend action to resolve customer problems.
- Negotiate and settle disputed findings, recoveries, and filings
- Establish and maintain strong client relationships through the support of the client management team.
- Manage and direct work supporting multiple expense audit client accounts at any given time.
- Ensure proper invoicing of clients per contract terms, manage forecasting and budget performance.
- Support the Sales and Client Management team with collateral, business cases, and expertise in areas of utility and tax auditing and recovery
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
Ecova is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
To learn more about Ecova and to apply online, please go to: http://www.ecova.com/about-us/careers.aspx.
- BS or BA in a related field (Accounting, Finance, Tax, etc).
- Must have a minimum of ten years of focused audit and/or recovery experience with a utility focus, preferably with a major retail or audit firm.
- Strong background in delivering customer focused expense audit solutions.
- Must have a proven track record of superior leadership experience – a minimum of 7 years direct people supervision.
- Must possess solid presentation skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of tools.
- Must be comfortable in front of strategic clients with the ability to communicate complex ideas with ease.
- Superior organizational skills, including cross functional experience in leading complex projects and programs.
- Strong client relationship building skills.