This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Nonprofit - Social Services, Health Care, Nurse
Medical Social Worker (LISW)
Job Description - Medical Social Worker:
Pinnacle Senior Care
, a leader in skilled home care and specialists in geriatric care. Our dedicated, compassionate staff is highly trained in the diagnosis and treatment of seniors. Advanced medical technology and compassionate care is now available for the care of your loved one from the comfort of home.
The Social Worker (LISW)
is a qualified professional who, in accordance with the plan of treatment, assists the physician and other team members in understanding the significant social and emotional factors related to the health problems, participates in the development of the plan of treatment, prepares clinical and progress notes, works with the family, utilizes appropriate community resources, participates in discharge planning and In service programs and acts as a consultant to other agency personnel.
Duties - Medical Social Worker:
- Provides social casework as an entity, where appropriate, to individuals and families receiving nursing or other services from the Agency.
- Prepares social histories according to specific guidelines to augment existing service or as a guide in determining or changing level of service taking into consideration:
- Assesses, when appropriate, a family's financial situation taking into consideration the patient's prognosis and medical needs, and referring to an Agency for financial assistance if indicated, interpreting the medical situation to the referring Agency and generally facilitating the process of referral.
- Refers patients and families to community agencies with appropriate follow-up.
- Interprets social resources to staff and health services to special agencies.
- Assists the physician and other team members in understanding the significant social and emotional factors related to the health programs.
- Participates in the development of the plan of treatment.
- Observes, records, and reports information on the patient's condition to the attending physician and in the patient's health record.
- Advises, counsels, and when appropriate, instructs the family in the patient's social needs.
- Participates in discharge planning.
Requirements - Social Worker:
The Agency shall employ only Medical Social Workers who:
- Has a Master's degree from a school of Social Work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education; and LISW (Lisensed Independent Social Worker)
- Has one (1) year of social work experience in home care, preferred
- Ability to travel to patients homes
- Must be board certified/licensed in the State of Ohio
Keywords: Social Worker, Medical Social Worker, Clinical Social Worker, Director of Social Services, Social Work Case Manager, Nephrology Social Worker, Oncology Social Worker, Renal Social Worker, Psychiatric Social Worker, home care, home health, community nursing