This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Health Care, Professional Services, Other
Founded in 1998, H.I.M. ON CALL is a privately owned Pennsylvania corporation with offices in Allentown, PA and in Hato Rey, Puerto Rico. We provide a wide array of quality Health Information & Revenue Cycle Management and consulting services to hospitals, physician offices, and health care organizations onsite and remotely. We pride ourselves as the experts in coding, clinical data quality and documentation improvement.
A vast majority of our clients are in the NY Tri-State area and we are currently looking for seasoned inpatient coding specialists.
- Full-time, part-time and independent contractor positions available.
- Enjoy flexible scheduling opportunities
- Competitive benefits and compensation package offered
Educational Requirements: Candidate should possess a credential as CCS, CCS-P or CPC, CPC-H or RHIA, RHIT.
Years of experience required: 3+ years
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Proficiency in ICD-9-CM diagnosis/procedure coding, including proper code sequencing and application/assignment of complications and comorbidities (MCC/CC).
- Proficiency in assigning Present on Admission (POA) indicator.
- Must have a working knowledge of the MS-DRG reimbursement system with a minimum of 2 years of coding experience in an acute care setting.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving abilities and techniques required along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Some travel is required and expected when necessary.
1. Perform ICD-9-CM diagnosis/procedure coding for hospital-based inpatient cases.
2. Abide by the standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by AHIMA and CMS.
3. Adhere to the AHA Official Coding Guidelines and UHDDS definitions.
4. Perform abstracting and data entry of codes and abstract items as pertinent to the account requirements.
5. Query physicians when code assignments are not straight forward or documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous or unclear for coding purposes.
6. Keep abreast of coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements and maintain coding credential requirements.
7. Achieve and maintain coding productivity standards for each specific account.
8. Achieve and maintain a 95% coding accuracy rate and a 98% MS-DRG accuracy rate.
9. Bring identified concerns to the coding manager for resolution
10. Provide coding and related duties from the H.I.M. ON CALL central office or, at times, from an offsite location, including onsite coding at various hospitals (clients).