This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Information Technology
Columbia University is seeking to hire an experienced Executive Project Director, Student Systems with extensive ERP implementation experience. This position will be reporting into the Vice President of Information Technology
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Provides project management and direction to ensure overall success of assigned initiatives by developing project implementation plans including scope of project, project goals, scheduling and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with management.
- Manages highly complex business system implementation projects involving 50+ staff at cost of $20M or more, generally relating to support of student registration, financial aid, billing and collections, records management, and other services
- Ensures that appropriate planning has been completed in preparation for the start of the project.
- Plans and oversees appropriate analysis and design sessions to ensure that business requirements have been correctly captured and addressed.
- Develops an appropriate implementation plan that focuses on current and future functional performance objectives.
- Defines project success criteria, in collaboration with project sponsors.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential risks and devises contingency plans.
- Drafts and submits budget proposals and recommends subsequent budget changes; estimates resources needed to achieve project goals.
- Proactively manages full life-cycle of IT initiatives, including overall project plan, scope, change control, risks, issues, impacts, and reporting through standardization and best practice project implementation.
- Promotes the use and adoption of standard Project Management Methodology (PMM) and supports functional and IT project managers by providing guidance in the usage of PMM.
- Collaborates to develop, and appropriately executes, a communication strategy, including stakeholder analysis, ongoing communications and adoption plans.
- Determines the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyzes results and troubleshoots problem areas and delivers overall progress reports to senior management.
- Negotiates with department managers, when necessary, regarding the support of required personnel within the organization to ensure project continuity through completion.
- Manages relationships across organization and divisions to develop a thorough understanding of core business functions and align project with overall business objectives.
- Manages relationships with C-level executives.
- Conducts quality assurance audits in support of project quality plan, including project post-mortem assessments and suggest improvements in process or procedure.
- Coaches, mentors, motivates and supervises project team members and contractors and influences them to take positive action and accountability for assigned work.
- Ensures timely and on-budget delivery and project implementation.
- Demonstrated project management, personnel, financial, vendor management, skills and experience; including project design, implementation, reporting and evaluation to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Implementation or operations experience with ERP systems.
- Experience in deploying ERP solutions within a decentralized environment.
- Extensive PeopleSoft implementation experience (preferably with student systems).
- Strong hands-on systems analysis experience.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of project management methodologies and application of these approaches in a formal project environment.
- Demonstrated experience implementing IT solutions into business environment, managing organizational change and the realization of business benefits.
- Awareness of current and emerging trends in information management and technology and its potential application.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multidisciplinary team to deliver high quality, customer focused outcomes.
- Demonstrated highly developed oral and written communication skills, particularly in reporting, public presentation and consultation, and the ability to negotiate and communicate with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- High level conceptual and analytical skills and the ability to foster a culture of learning by exploring creative solutions.
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal skills and ability to manage conflict and affect resolution in a 'win-win' for all concerned.
- Experience with C-Level presentation required.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Ability to define product benefits effectively to non- technical management.
Educational and Training Requirements:
- 8+ years of relevant work experience with hands on information Technology Program / Project Management, including management of ERP systems upgrades and / or implementations.
- Bachelor's Degree (Master's Degree strongly preferred)
- Skilled at applying structured Project Life Cycle methodology.
- Experience in the use of the MS Office tool suite and MS Project working with sub-projects and linked projects is required
- Experience with multiple server hardware platforms and middle-tier and storage systems and software.
- Experience with Application Development Life Cycle methodology.
- Implementation or operations experience with Student ERP systems.
- Experience in deploying ERP solutions within a university environment.
- Consulting experience
- PMP Certification strongly preferred.
Apply for this opening thru the link below:
Search for Req# 065425