This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Information Technology
Our client is a renowned retail/wholesale chain of luxury high-fashion clothing, apparel & consumer goods. Famously known for providing accommodating price points for their products, they are looking for an experienced Senior VMWare Administrator to joint their team.
- Manages VMWare infrastructure, VDI, system backups and recovery.
- Installs new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software related problems.
- Execute day-to-day support and maintenance activities
- Provide support of Disaster Recovery initiatives including testing and maintaining DR documentation
- Proactively evaluate/review server, storage, and backup requirements
- Provide OS level support for Windows and Linux-based systems
- Assists with the maintenance of account management processes for network systems, user application systems and enterprise messaging
- Assist with support contract negotiations and renewals.
- Assist with R&D for new technologies and products.
- Strong knowledge of VMWare ESX/ESXi administration and infrastructure implementation/support
- Strong knowledge of VMWare VDI (VCS, ThinApp, Clones, gold standard images)
- Strong knowledge of automation techniques and scripting languages such as Powershell for VMWare management
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP/W7/2003/2008 and Linux based operating systems
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory including but not limited to group policies and certificates.
- Strong knowledge of high availability and disaster recovery technology/methodologies such as VMWare SRM, CA Arcserve (BrightStor)
- Proficiency with networking protocols
- Proficiency with Exchange, MS SQL, MSCS
- Experience with IBM Bladecenter, Blades, and FC-based SAN systems a plus
- Experience with Cisco LAN/WAN, F5 BIG-IP, Brocade a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills a must
- Ability to self-start and work with minimum direction is critical
MCSE/VCP certification preferred:
- Available during after hours for support (phone, e-mail, VPN) as required
- Occasional travel between company locations (NJ/NY) as required