This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Retail, Management, Sales
The Container Store’s core competency is providing astonishing customer service. Our unique store reporting structure relies on a dedicated team to support and execute our goals. Successful salespeople at The Container Store drive sales by building selling relationships with customers that result in fulfilling customer’s storage and organization needs. In addition, all employees are responsible for supporting and executing the company’s merchandising vision.
A successful Store Manager drives sales and the business by developing the skill level, talent and impact of all employees who report directly to him/her. Store Managers receive extensive training and are expected to display a strong command of The Container Store’s business approach to buying philosophies, marketing strategies, visual merchandising, selling approach, inventory control, service standards, recruiting, training, and our unique company culture.
The management approach The Container Store values most includes coaching to improve performance through gracious communication, accountability in goal setting and visionary leadership.
A Store Manager role at The Container Store involves an extensive amount of support and skill building training from the General Manager to increase effectiveness as a leader. The Vice President of Stores and General Area Director will visit your store regularly to further support your impact and offer broader company perspective and career development.
- Possesses strategic leadership, time management and organization skills.
- Is a retail professional or vision-oriented leader who is passionate, strategic, motivated and focused in his/her approach to team development and business growth.
- Is dedicated to learning from others, constantly shares information and asks questions.
- Has a desire to lead by example with a grace of authority, embracing and adapting to change and maintaining respect, dignity and compassion.
- Identifies, recruits and contributes to the development of strong leaders that will benefit the growth of the company.
- Is able to quickly establish effective relationships with employees and customers to ultimately drive sales.
- Possesses strong selling skills, including anticipating the needs of customers and implementing the appropriate action or solution.
- Takes pride in being a product knowledge expert and thinking creatively about uses for our products to accomplish solution-based selling.
- Exudes a positive attitude and sustains a contagious energy throughout entire shift.
- Is dedicated to supporting a safe working and shopping environment.
- Is committed to working shifts as scheduled and has flexibility to work additional hours and/or different hours based on changing needs of the business – including additional training and store meetings.
What The Container Store offers you:
Our employee-first culture is supported through great training, consistent communication and an outstanding benefits package. Here are some highlights of the special and unique benefits we offer our full-time and part-time employees.
• Medical/Dental/Vision plans
• Term Life insurance and In-Hospital Cash plans
• Domestic Partner and Common law Spouse coverage
• Pet insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Corporate Wellness Program available online 24-hours a day
• Paid vacation
• Great pay and exceptional training
• Security in a financially strong company
• 401(k) plan with discretionary employer match
• 40% merchandise discount
• 50% discount on elfa — our best selling product
• 30% discount on elfa Installation Service
• A consistent Performance Review process
• Casual, yet professional, work attire
• An opportunity to provide the most extraordinary service to the most amazing customers
• And many, many more!
Additionally, our full-time employees are eligible for:
• Company paid group Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Paid maternity and paternity leave
Apply online today!
Click on What We Stand For to learn even more about The Container Store's employee-first culture.
Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/containerstore.
The Container Store promotes a smoke-free, drug-free environment. EOE.