This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Information Technology
Columbia University is one of the premiere educational institutions in the nation. Employing over 12,000 people, it is one of the largest employers in New York City. Our department, Columbia University Information Technology (CUIT) supports the administrative information requirements of the university provides mainframe, microcomputer, telecommunications, as well as Computing and communications systems, services, and support to faculty, students, and administrators.
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including tuition for self at Columbia and undergraduate for children at any accredited college and 4+ weeks vacation. We also have an excellent Physical Fitness Center available to all employees.
The Change Manager will play a key role supporting a new change management process. This person will oversee and ensure that standard ITIL best practice methods and procedures are used to review and manage all technology changes including application, database, infrastructure, and networking. His or her primary focus will be to ensure the development, configuration and maintenance of the standards and documents for: handling all change requests; on-going meetings of the Change Advisory Board (CAB); senior management reporting; and a forward schedule of changes.
This individual will serve in the critical role of coordinating and managing the change management processes; and will provide direct leadership, advice and training on change management methodology and procedures for the department. He or she will audit to ensure that both quality testing is occurring and proper back out plans exist for all Changes in accordance with change management guidelines. The Change Manager will administer efficient, regular meetings of the CAB and ensure participation across functional groups, including tracking, documenting, reporting on, and maintaining the metrics for the CAB to collaboratively review and effectively process all change requests. He or she will manage the information flow on the status of all changes, the post implementation review process including backed-out changes, the impact analysis on service availability, and the success metrics for the Change Management process.
The successful candidate will have a proven ability to operate across IT organizational levels and computing groups to lead development, delivery and on-going support of a collaborative Change Management process utilizing Service-Now functionality. The individual will work with other IT Service Managers to produce organizational reports and service process improvements and will provide guidance to subject matter experts on change management process, ensure requests meet all objectives to increase success factors, and identify and assist with developing good communication of changes. A key success factor will be to identify resistance to process adoption and develop and to execute plans to efficiently mitigate and address with corrective actions.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Play the key role in the coordination and effective implementation and support of the Service-Now Change Management module.
- Serve as the lead for the implementation and rollout of a new IT Change Management process for a large, complex IT organization based on ITIL best practices for Change Management.
- Plan and drive stakeholder engagement, training and communication for the scale out and deployment of a technology Change Management methodology.
- Lead and manage the scope, timing, quality, resources for communication, and integration requirements to implement a comprehensive, enduring Change Management program based on Service-Now capability.
- Develop operational standards and guidelines and implement Change Management processes that achieve sustainable performance improvements for the organization including improved time of recovery.
- Work closely at all levels in the organization to create a collaborative team approach and methodology for the quick adoption and greatest utilization of the Change Management process for the organization.
- Ensure good communication, documentation and training is available to mentor and help support technical staff, senior leaders and executives on the roles and responsibilities, tools and procedures for systematic, efficient processing of all change requests.
- Identify and help develop consensus for the categorization of impact, benefit, priority, and level of risk for Requests for Changes.
- Capture Service-Now metrics, document and report on the impact, and perform analysis of the change process in support of improving service quality for functional owners.
- Assist with improving coordinated and regularly scheduled changes to minimize risks, reduce disruptions and costs of doing business.
A COVER LETTER AND RESUME WITH SALARY HISTORY ARE REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION.
- Bachelors' degree.
- 5+ years of experience in a diverse IT management role.
- Successful delivery of Change Management procedures and methodologies.
- Highly proficient in Change Management methodology and procedures.
- Proficient in ITIL methodology and process implementation.
- Strong problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Experience at building consensus and working effectively at all levels in an organization.
- ITILv3 Foundations (or higher) certification is a plus.
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts.
- Experience with Service-Now tools.
- Experience and background in managing technology infrastructure.
- Versed in IT operational activities and problem/incident management.
- Good leadership, facilitation and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of IT processes, operations, and procedures.
- Experience in the implementation of an IT Service Management project.
RESUMES WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED THROUGH THIS LINK:
Search for REQ# 065490