This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Responsibilities: A New York, New York based Tech Firm seeks a Technical Accounting Manager for a position in Garden City. This role reports to the Director and is responsible for assisting in the determination of corporate-wide accounting policies, procedures and internal controls, particularly for complex and difficult accounting topics. This includes participating on a team of technical accounting professionals who perform accounting research, interpret generally accepted accounting principles, and develop accounting policies, procedures and related internal controls in a complex environment. This also includes serving as a liaison to business units, other functional areas, and external auditors in support of the company's accounting, reporting and disclosure positions.
- Assisting corporate and business unit accounting staff in identifying and resolving accounting issues
- Performing research and evaluation of technical accounting issues, particularly technically complex transactions such as revenue recognition, treasury transactions, foreign operations and foreign currency transaction, asset impairments, and contingencies
- Assisting in the design, implementation and supervision of processes for timely identification and review of accounting issues and accounting implications of proposed transactions
- Assisting in the development and documentation of corporate-wide accounting policies and procedures in compliance with generally accepted accounting and reporting standards
- Reviewing and reporting on integration of business unit and corporate accounting staff in decisions affecting technical accounting areas
- Developing, coordinating and leading formal training seminars or other forums to communicate accounting standards, policies and practices across the company
- Assisting with ongoing documented re-evaluations of arrangements as delivery occurs under multiple-element arrangements
- Performing special accounting analysis and projects
Kforce (Nasdaq:KFRC) is a professional staffing and solutions firm providing flexible and permanent staffing solutions in the skill areas of technology, finance & accounting, clinical research and healthcare. Backed by approximately our associates and consultants on assignment, Kforce is committed to "Great People = Great Results" for our valued clients and candidates. Kforce operates with 65 offices located throughout the United States and two offices in the Philippines.
Job Ref#: 2312~AQG~1131236P1~99
Specific Requirements for the Manager of Technical Accounting (required unless noted otherwise):
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and CPA
- At least 8 years of experience with a Big 4 or equivalent firm
- Recent experience with public company accounting and financial reporting in either public accounting or industry
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted account principles, including complex topics and areas
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to train and develop employees
- Skill in problem analysis and problem resolution
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills