Summary of Position:
The Bookkeeper will be responsible for the daily bookkeeping and data input functions including allotments and receipts, accounts payable, tenant refunds, tenant accounting, rent collections, and tracking of vendor compliance. This position will assist the Community Director, ensuring compliance with all company policies and Government requirements, as well as, assuming the responsibilities of the Assistant Community Director in a supervisory role during his/her absence when required. The majority of the tasks associated with this position will be performed indoors, however, some duties will require the Bookkeeper to function outdoors with exposure to seasonal weather conditions for short periods of time.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Assist the Community Director as requested.
2. Process and record receipts whether through allotment or by manual receipt of payment, including the deposit of such receipts. Responsible for starting and stopping allotments for applicable tenants.
3. Prepare and process monthly rental billing.
4. Monitor accounts receivable and assist with the collection process, including issuance of late notices. Identify and process write offs once approved by the Community Director and Director of Operations.
5. Calculate and process tenant refunds.
6. Enter and process vendor payables.
7. Account for tenants who move in, if required by the Community Director.
8. Account for tenants who move out or move over, if required by the Community Director.
9. Ensure that all month-end accounting reports are prepared, appropriately filed, and forwarded to the Home Office in accordance with company policy.
10. Tracking vendor compliance with respect to insurance and, if required by the Community Director, tracking vendor contracts.
11. Assist with quarterly report generation, if requested by the Community Director and under their supervision.
12. Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
13. Contribute to resident retention programs.
14. Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules.
15. Uphold all company policies, goals and values.
16. Represent the community in a professional manner at all times whether on or off the property.
17. Assist with other duties as assigned.