This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Education, Nurse, Health Care
PSA Healthcare is dedicated to helping provide a better quality of life for our patients and to promoting professional opportunities for our employees, while upholding our commitment to our shareholders. The employees of PSA share a vision of the role we play in the health care industry. We are committed to responsible care in maintaining our position as the leading provider of pediatric health care services.
We have immediate needs for RNs for substitute school nursing and for RNs/LPNs to attend school on the shore for day shifts, working one-on-one with medically fragile children beginning with summer sessions and continuing into the 2012-2013 school year!
PSA Healthcare is a leading provider of pediatric home care services for medically fragile children. We also offer in-home options for adults with medically fragile conditions. Our services provide care for individuals that allow them to remain in the comfort of their home.
When it comes to providing for medically fragile children and adults, we know what matters most! We strive to provide the very best for our patients every day. Many times our services allow for loved ones to stay home for their care, surrounded by their family. That quality of life difference can provide for a better, more enjoyable life every single day.
Working with PSA Healthcare provides a unique opportunity for you to work in a personalized, one-on-one setting with a patient in their own home where you will get to deliver the type of individualized and specialized care that you desire.
For those in the homecare industry, there is nothing more rewarding than seeing the difference you are making in your patient's and family members' lives on a day to day basis. We understand that Nurses are the Heartbeat of PSA.
PSA is proud to offer:
- One-on-One patient care: take the opportunity to get back to why you became a nurse and provide focused, one-on-one care to your patient.
- Variety: assignments and shifts that will give you that chance to make a difference! We have direct care opportunities ranging from low to high acuity patients.
- Support: 24/7 clinical support – you are never alone!
- Flexibility: no minimum shift requirement – you will work with a PSA Staffing Specialist to find the best match for you!
- Training & Growth Potential: Be part of the strongest clinical team in home health - we offer training & education to expand your skills, including our “Safe at Home” program; and with over 60 PSA locations, we offer tremendous opportunity for professional advancement and growth!
Description of Responsibilities:
Working in the home environment you are responsible for the delivery of quality patient care according to the patient's individual physician orders. Your care may involve assessments, medication administration, administering prescribed treatments and therapies, care planning, communication with other members of the patients' multi-disciplinary team, supply management, emergency management, coordination of care, health promotion and teaching and training family members.We offer the following benefits package
Flexible working schedules
Diversify your skills with training and support
Group health/dental insurance to eligiable applicants
Advancement opportunities within PSA
Relocation opportunities with multiple locations coast-to-coast
Flexible Benefit Plan for out-of-pocket expenses
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Savings Plus Plan
To be considered for employment by PSA Healthcare for this Opportunity, you must be able to meet the following requirements, with or without accommodation:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Current and unrestricted RN license to practice in the state for which you are applying
- Current School Nurse Certification
- Current CPR certification
- Current Continuing Education if required by state
- Diploma, degree or certificate from state accredited RN program
- Demonstrated proficiency in clinical assessments, documentation and compliance with nursing care and policies and procedures
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Frequent lifting and repositioning of patients
- Repeated or prolonged standing, bending, kneeling, twisting and occasional climbing of stairs
- Acute sense of sight and hearing (corrected or uncorrected) and strong sense of touch, smell and taste
- Agility and strength sufficient to handle patients and equipment without assistance
- Must be able to appropriately respond physically and psychologically to emergency situations in the home or during transport
- Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other health conditions
Visit jobs.psahealthcare.com for a complete list of job openings in your area!
PSA Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with applicable employment laws. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.