This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Manufacturing, General Labor
This position is located in a Omaha, Nebraska forms manufacturing plant.
While you may know Staples as the world’s leading office supply company, Staples Print Solutions – a division of Staples - is one of the leading business-to-business print providers in the industry. We’ve built our reputation by delivering leading edge technology print solutions to many of the most recognized Fortune 1000 corporations for more than 50 years. We truly are a single source for every print need - from digital printing, forms and award-winning labels, to kitting and fulfillment. This is all made possible by our state of the art technical, online ordering system and our national sales and manufacturing network which is combined with local presence to serve our customers across the country.
Staples Print Solutions located in Omaha, NE
has an immediate opening for a Utility Worker. This position includes performing a variety of duties as assigned by shift supervisor which may include, but not limited to, banding and running doctor machine, general plant housekeeping, assisting press operators in removing product, material handling, or making boxes. Printing industry experience prefered.
If you are goal-oriented and looking for experience in a forms manufacturing environment, this opportunity may be for you!
- Perform quality inspections and splicing rolls on the doctor machine.
- Perform general plant activities including banding, sweeping, mopping, cleaning presses, emptying trash
- container, etc.
- Assist Press Operators as needed to increase productivity (i.e. assemble boxes, assist with packing)
- Operate forklift and/or related material moving equipment to empty trash containers and/or to move finished product roll stock.
- Operate pallet stretch wrapping and banding equipment as needed to warehouse finished product.
- Perform other duties as assigned by shift supervisor.
- Prior press or printing industry experience preferred.
- Completion of High School Diploma/GED
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language.
- Prior press/printing experience considered a plus.
- Flexibility to perform a variety of job assignments
- Demonstrated ability to perform manual tasks
- Ability to attend to detail
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to learn and apply new procedures and methods
- Ability to operate material handling and/or production equipment
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, division and multiplication
- Ability to read a ruler
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated record of good attendance and punctuality
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position, including but not limited to, lifting, standing, reaching, bending, stooping, repetitive motion, etc.)