This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Purchasing - Procurement, Supply Chain, Strategy - Planning
With sales of €30.5 billion in 2011, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently has approximately 164,000 employees in 46 countries.
The Powertrain Division integrates innovative and efficient system solutions for vehicle powertrains. The comprehensive range of products includes gasoline and diesel injection systems, engine management, transmission control, including sensors and actuators, as well as fuel-supply systems and components and systems for hybrid and electric drives.
Due to Continental AG’s s growth in the U.S, we are presently seeking a Category Purchasing Specialist in Newport News, VA (Full relocation offered). We want you at our facility in Newport News!
The Category Purchasing Specialist will manage North American supply base for Fuel Pressure components, both administering contracts with current suppliers, handling negotiations with North American supply base on current business worldwide, conducting final negotiations on new business within these categories and developing the North American market to facilitate good competition.
- Develops a material and supplier strategy
- Conduct market analysis
- Drives the strategy definition process with cross functional partners
- Ensures Continental's requirements are reflected in the strategy
- Documents and implements the strategy throughout ES BU worldwide
- Achieves best market conditions
- Bundles the whole demand of Continental Automotive for the category
- Ensures fulfillment of requirements with legally binding contracts
- Actively influences the sourcing process during development phase by
- Supplier selection
- Negotiation of prices and closure of contracts
- Sourcing decision
- Achieves targets for material
- Drives annual negotiations to constantly improve the cost situation of Continental Automotive
- Drives improvement programs with suppliers
- Supports re-design to cost/cost reduction programs
- Responsible for correct data in the respective IT systems
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Business/Engineering
- 2 to 5 years purchasing experience. Strongly prefer experience in the automotive field, but will review other industries as well.
- Seeking those with experience purchasing direct material, not engineering services/MRO/capital equipment
- Must have experience locating suppliers, sourcing, negotiating, creating contracts vs. scheduling/planning parts for shipment).
- 2 to 5 years experience with international suppliers preferred
- Travel - up to 25%
- Languages: German, Italian, Chinese or other preferred but not required
- Computer Skills - Microsoft Office Suite required. SAP or Supply-On preferred
- Very competitive salary
- Full Relocation package offered from anywhere in the U.S.
- Comprehensive benefits package