This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Health Care, Nonprofit - Social Services
Hospice Medical Social Worker
- Assists the patient, significant others, physician, and health care team to understand significant personal, emotional, environmental, and social factors related to the patient's health status on as needed basis
Contributes as a health care team member to the development of a comprehensive, integrated Plan of Care for patients on a daily basis.
Instructs health care team members on community resources available to assist patients on a as needed basis.
Visits patient according to Plan of Care; completes a clinical note for each visit; and submits clinical notes to the agency on a daily basis. The MSW will give daily report to the Administrator regarding patient visits to ensure continuity of the Care Management process.
- Plans for continuity of care with hospitals and community agencies on an as needed basis.
Assesses social and emotional factors related to patient’s illness to determine ability to cope with daily living problems on as needed basis.
Assists the patient and significant others to understand, accept and follow medical recommendations on as needed basis
- Master's degree (MSW) from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, or license current in the state of employment if contracted by AHA.
- One (1) year of experience, working as a social worker.
- Current driver's license and automobile insurance in state of employment, and the ability to travel within a 50 mile radius on a daily basis.
- Is responsible for adhering to all practice standards as they apply to patient care.
At LHC Group, we offer an opportunity to be part of something that’s more than just a job. We are always growing and there are many opportunities for advancement to managerial, directorial and executive roles around the country. We know that our employees work hard, so we offer an excellent and competitive salary and benefits package as well as opportunities to share in our company’s financial growth and success. Furthermore, we make sure that you have the tools and technology you need to be able to do your job well, give quality care and seize the opportunities we offer.
As a financially stable, well-established company we have an informal work culture and an open-door policy; CEO Keith Myers encourages staff at all levels to reach out to him with concerns, questions or comments. LHC Group understands the needs of our employees and we give Home Health RNs the independence and flexibility to attend to professional as well as personal obligations during the working day.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Cancer/Critical Illness insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(K) retirement plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid time-off
- Holiday pay
- Voluntary term life insurance
- Supplemental Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Disability gap insurance
- Accident insurance
- MedSupport insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Bereavement Pay
- Continuing Education Units through Online Management System
Proud member of LHC Group. LHC Group is an equal opportunity employer. Pre-employment screening is required. Visit our Career Center at http://www.lhcgroup.com/.