This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Management, Accounting, Finance
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause’s values of integrity, passion and stewardship define us as an organization and an employer. We recognize that our approach, strategy and culture are driven by our people. Their focus and commitment has resulted in Baker Tilly Virchow Krause being ranked as one of the top 20 largest public accounting and advisory firms in the United States and our offices consistently earning “best place to work” honors. Our people have been fundamental in getting us to where we are today and where we will go in the future.
We are currently seeking a Tax Manager
to join our Not for Profit
practice in our Minneapolis, MN office location. This position provides leadership, management and preparation of all 990 forms for the Not for Profit practice, and will assist with other tax entities on an as needed basis. It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly Virchow Krause!
With a staff of more than 1400, Baker Tilly Virchow Krause provides a wide range of accounting, tax, assurance and consulting services to premier companies and leading institutions in industries that drive our economy. As an independent member of Baker Tilly International, the world’s 8th largest network of accounting firms (with combined worldwide revenues of $3 billion) we bring our clients and our people access to market-specific knowledge in more than 125 countries. Responsibilities:
- Lead and plan all 990 tax projects and client engagements.
- Provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations.
- Research, write and review tax planning strategies and services.
- Oversee billing and collections of clients.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations and ensure satisfaction.
- Effectively delegate and oversee the work efforts by setting goals, providing resources and removing obstacles.
- Manage and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance and work efforts; participate in performance appraisals process
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
- Actively facilitate effective team building.
- Pursue new business development. Maintain primary and active relationships with key business contacts, key clients and referral sources.
- Identify additional areas of service to offer current clients. Convert opportunities for additional service and new business into engagements for the firm.
- Maintain and expand knowledge base in the 990 area.
- Comply with continuing education requirements; participate in professional organizations, independent study, etc.
- Integrate new knowledge and skills into daily work and share with colleagues as appropriate.
- Participate in special projects.