This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Admin - Clerical
HP is a leading global provider of products, technologies, solutions and services to consumers and business. The company's offerings span IT infrastructure, personal computing and access devices, global services, and imaging and printing. Our $4 billion annual R&D investment fuels the invention of products, solutions and new technologies so we can better serve customers and enter new markets. We invent, engineer and deliver technology solutions that drive business value, create social value and improve the lives of our customers. MUST BE A US CITIZEN.
• Provides standard-level financial support that is typically transactional for a business.
• Performs data extraction and puts it in a useful format for more senior individual contributors.
• Handles business issues of basic complexity on a routine basis.
• Develops an understanding of HP's financial processes and a working knowledge of the business.
• Ability to influence a particular cost center within a business.
Education and Experience Required:
MUST BE A US CITIZEN.
• First level university degree with a focus in accounting or finance recommended or equivalent experience.
• Typically 0+ years of experience as a financial analyst.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Basic understanding of accounting processes.
• Basic analytical skills.
• Good business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
• Good communication skills.
• Good teamwork skills.
Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results:
Accounting Processes and Systems (Business Financial Analyst)
Applies an understanding of United States (US) Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), HP finance and administrative processes, systems, policies and procedures to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
Tool and Technology Application (Financial Analyst)
Leverages available tools and technology to improve financial systems effectiveness
Process Excellence (Analyst)
Understands and effectively applies process knowledge to drive operational excellence
Business and Financial Controls
Demonstrates the ability to leverage company business and financial data and systems to ensure quality of transactions
Financial Analysis and Reporting (Financial Analyst)
Uses key financial indicators and measures to optimize the financial decision-making of the company
Risk Identification (Analyst)
Accurately identifies and resolves sources of financial systems risks
Strategic Business Perspective
Applies alternative future scenarios and their impact on the long-term business objectives
Financial Modeling (Analyst)
Attends to the most appropriate variables, inputs, and their relationships in a financial model, relevant to the business issue
Financial Rules and Regulations (Analyst)
Collaboratively and consistently applies regulatory accounting, tax, and legal best practices in all transactions