This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Engineering, Sales, Business Opportunity
Location: USA, Farmington Hills, MI
Are you looking for a successful career? Come and be a part of our 90-year history in the making as an Sales Engineer! NTN Bearing Corporation is a major division of a multinational manufacturing company providing highly engineered and quality precision components to the automotive and industrial industries. We enjoy the prestige of being a major supplier of constant velocity joints and wheel bearings to both domestic and foreign auto manufacturers. NTN has an immediate opening for a Senior Sales Engineer at our Michigan location.
NTN is seeking a Sales Engineer who will maintain contact with customer accounts and is responsible for executing day-to-day sales, service and program management activities.
- Pursue and secure new business opportunities. Responds promptly to inquiries and seeks out and calls upon potential and existing customers to identify needs. Pursue all avenues of technical requirements for new product development.
- Oversee the management of new program launches. Direct communications with all internal and external customers on timing, program needs, concerns, and requirements. Take a lead role for APQP meetings and be knowledgeable for all program aspects. Negotiate sample delivery, timing, and cost.
- Manage current business. Maintain accurate records on customer calls and meetings. Insure product meets customer requirements, and is shipped on time specific customer performance standards.
- Communicate in timely manner all significant customer issues to appropriate personnel. Maintain timely and accurate records on customer calls and meetings.
- Provide management with verbal briefs and written reports of customer needs, problems, interests, market situations, competitive activities, new articles and any potential for new business and services.
- Must have BSME or similar 4 year undergraduate engineering degree.
- Must have a minimum of 3-6 years experience in automotive or industrial sales.
- Understands how Development Engineering fits in the manufacturing business (Quality, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Sales and Marketing).
- Technical skills must include a fundamental understanding of automotive Powertrain or Drivetrain systems, bearings and CVJ’s.
- Knowledge and application of appropriate industry standards.
- Proven ability to function and lead in a team environment.
- Knowledge of basis APQP concepts and QS/TS16949 requirements.
- Knowledge of Bearings, CVJ’s and relation to Vehicle Dynamics.
NTN Bearing Corporation offers a full range of comprehensive benefits that far exceed the industry standard, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement. NTN Bearing Corporation is an equal opportunity employer that strongly supports diversity in the work place.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, and feel that you qualify, please email your resume to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
How to apply: