This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Retail, Management
INTERVIEW DAY FOR ASSISTANT STORE MANAGEMENT OPPORTUNITIESLooking for an exciting career where you can make the most of your talents? Then it is time to take a good look at Family Dollar Stores. FAMILY DOLLAR is one of the fastest growing discount chains in the U.S. with more than 7,000+ stores in 44 states and 50 years of experience. Family Dollar has excelled as a leader in its industry by maintaining a strong corporate vision that encompasses growth, prosperity and innovation. Currently, we are seeking hands-on individuals to make an immediate impact in our stores in DETROIT, MI.
CURRENTLY HIRING FOR:
• ASSISTANT MANAGERS
Management positions require strong experience in discount retail, grocery, drug store or variety store management. We have immediate positions available and provide training for those who qualify.We offer an excellent salary and an outstanding benefits package including: medical, dental, 401K, paid vacation, and much more! If you wish to start a new career with a company that has unlimited opportunities, we invite you to attend our Hiring Day.
FDS offers the following benefits (based upon position and length of service):
- Medical Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Life insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Dental insurance
- Direct Deposit
For an on-site interview, apply online before the event at http://corporate.familydollar.com/pages/taleo-store.aspx
INTERVIEW WITH US ON-SITE
DATE: FRIDAY, JUNE 1st, 2012
WHERE: Family Dollar Store
15241 Michigan Ave.
Dearborn, MI 48126
TIME: 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- 18 years of age or older
- Some High School Education
- Prior experience in retail, drug store, grocery, hard-lines, fast-food, variety, or general merchandise preferred
- 3 months supervisory experience
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Proven reliability and high personal integrity
- Proven organizational, communication, and problem solving skills
- Able to perform all necessary weekly delivery functions according to Company Guidelines
- Ability to regularly lift up to 40lbs (occasionally up to 55lbs) with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to understand and implement Management directives; accepts direction
Application process may include a background check, drug testing and reference checks
Education: Prefer completion of high school or equivalent. Ability to read, interpret and explain to others operational directives (e.g., merchandise schematics, etc).
Experience: Prefer store management experience in retail, grocery, or drug store environments.
Physical Requirements: Ability to regularly lift up to 40 lbs. (and occasionally, up to 55 lbs.) from floor level to above shoulder height; must be able to meet demands of frequent walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, climbing, pushing, pulling, and repetitive lifting, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Availability: Ability to work flexible, full-time schedule to include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Skills & Competencies: Customer Focus, Developing Potential, Results Driven, Strong Organizational Skills, Communication Skills, Problem Solving/Decision Making, Job Knowledge and Relationship Management.