This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Engineering
Job Title: Engineer - Industrial Engineering
Job Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Group Manager - Industrial Engineering
Determine the most cost effective means for an organization to use capital, equipment, energy, facilities, information, material, people and other assets to make a product or service.
• Applies lean manufacturing principles to manufacturing and service settings to implement solutions that improve productivity and reduce cost.
• Plans utilization of facilities, equipment, materials, and personnel to improve efficiency of operations.
• Studies product or service and its requirements, using mathematical methods such as operations research, to meet those requirements and design manufacturing and information systems.
• Recommends methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities, such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating workstations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
• Plans layout to provide maximum possible operating efficiency.
• Measures and studies available floor space and draws plan of floor space to scale, using computer aided design/drafting equipment (typically AutoCAD), showing the most efficient location of personnel, equipment, material and necessary working area around each.
• Studies sequence of operations to be performed and flow of business, information, and materials.
• Establishes work measurement programs and analyzes work samples to develop standards for labor utilization.
• Analyzes work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data, such as production costs, process flowcharts, and production schedules, to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
• Confers with customer to implement plans and recommendations. Often required to provide on-site support during implementation activities.
• Support the development of presentation materials for customer presentations.
Required Education and Experience
• Typically requires a four-year college degree in an engineering discipline, with a BS degree in Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering preferred; however, may accept equivalent education and experience.
• 5 to 10 years of previous experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of software and AutoCAD; FactoryFLOW and FactoryCAD proficiency is a plus.