This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Information Technology
Responsibilities: Our Suitland, Maryland client is seeking a Web Developer. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in web development with heavy emphasis in the deployment of web sites and web applications.
Kforce (Nasdaq:KFRC) is a professional staffing and solutions firm providing flexible and permanent staffing solutions in the skill areas of technology, finance & accounting, clinical research and healthcare. Backed by approximately our associates and consultants on assignment, Kforce is committed to "Great People = Great Results" for our valued clients and candidates. Kforce operates with 65 offices located throughout the United States and two offices in the Philippines.
Job Ref#: 2312~AQG~1141301T1~99
The successful Web Master applicant will possess the following requirements (items are required unless noted otherwise):
- Three to five years of experience in Web-based application development
- A B.A. or B.S. degree in Computer Science related field or equivalent academic and work experience
- Ability to coordinate with internal and external groups on a variety of projects
- Must be forward-thinking and capable of integrating new technologies and techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong programming skills in the PHP, Python, Perl, and Shell scripting languages
- Experienced in developing web applications using Oracle and MySQL
- A good understanding of relational database concepts
- Must be comfortable in a command line UNIX Shell and have intermediate knowledge of UNIX workings
- Familiar with government Section 508
- Knowledge of Base SAS, SAS Internet and HTM SQL is a major plus
- JQuery, OpenLayers, GeoJSON, Google Maps / GoogleAPIs, animation, Oracle Spatial or PostGIS, XML, and MVC framework