This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
To safely drive truck/trailer to transport goods, products and materials in various forms and packaging to and from specified destinations, observing all applicable laws and commercial vehicle regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIILITIES:
1) Drive assigned vehicle to/from specified locations. Maintain and submit any necessary drivers daily logs or other mandated driver/vehicle condition
reports. Obey all traffic laws and D.O.T. compliance rules and regulations. Perform vehicle inspections at required intervals. Ability to safely operate vehicle
in all weather and road conditions.
2) Use Company issued communications equipment including telephone, satellite or radio to maintain contact or transmit delivery/pick-up information with
supervisory staff as required.
3) Verify assigned vehicle identification numbers or other nomenclature to ensure proper vehicle(s) are being operated. Accurately maintain company
required freight manifests, properly handle company bills of lading or other delivery/pick-up receipt paperwork, including any special handling of Hazmat
bills of lading or manifests in accordance with local, state or federal law.
4) May be required to load/unload freight.
5) Collect, process and safely handle monies or other forms of payment from customers proffered as payment for freight or delivery charges and to safely
return payment to terminal management.
1) Minimum age requirement is 21 years of age.
2) CDL-A with Hazmat endorsement. License must be in state of residence.
3) One-year comparable driving experience in all weather conditions required.
4) Safe driving and/or accident history.
5) Ability to communicate with internal and external customers effectively.
6) Ability to work various shifts, hours and days of the week.
7) Ability to accurately read and write and record or verify information regarding type of freight, piece counts, condition of freight on freight bills and/or bills of
8) Desire and ability to represent company at all time in a professional, positive manner.
1) Previous experience in transportation industry.