This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Professional Services
Description of Position:
Work in a fast-paced environment with software and system developers to integrated and test software components into systems to meet requirements. Specific duties include:
- Work with developers, system engineers and data characterization teams to produce the following types of tests:
- End-to-end functional tests for validating functionalities has been successfully integrated
- Operational tests—i.e. tests that reflect the operational use of internal systems
- Performance tests that benchmark system stability and performance
- Installation tests
- Take responsibility and ownership for leading releases through their respective deliveries
- Be single point of contact to raise critical issues that may impede the timely release of deliveries
- Be proactive in taking the appropriate actions to mitigate any risks that may arise.
- Take responsibility for running suites of tests to validate internal software builds for delivery
- Diagnose, document, and troubleshoot systems to resolve problems uncovered by testing
- Detail documentation of tests and results
- Develop scripts to incorporate/replace test harness to automate test execution/analysis
- Develop and implement strategies to improve integration and test efficiency to minimize lab testing duration
- Bachelor degree plus 9 years experience in testing through a full system development lifecycle including designing, developing, and implementing test plans, test cases, and test processes. Additional applicable experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Strong scripting skills, experience in Linux/UNIX, Perl, Ruby—skills needed for development of and modification to test harness
- Strong UNIX experience is key
- Experience developing and enhancing test plans and procedures that define test strategies and coverage
- Experience in documenting test results for corrective actions, reporting, and audits
- Experience testing systems from existing system and functional specifications
- Experience developing test cases and plans from requirements documentation
- Experience with XML, Java, C++, database interface, SOLARIS and/or LINUX, and Windows system programming
- Experience with Puppet system management software for standardizing deployment and managing infrastructure in the enterprise and the cloud
- Working knowledge of and skills in use of configuration management tools such as Subversion, ClearQuest, etc.
- Working knowledge of and skills in use of testing tools such as WinRunner, etc.
- Experience with at least a few of the following: test automation development or some demonstrated development experience; performance/load/stress testing; data interface testing; data mitigation testing; user interface testing; security testing; code coverage tools; system integration testing; web server, OS, SQL database set up and administration.
- Experience with developing and implementing testing strategies for validating software quickly and efficiently
- Experience with automated testing in support of continuous integration
- Experience developing and setting up test beds and drivers
- Familiarity with C++ and java development and able to looks at C++ code, java source code or xml and diagnose problems uncovered during testing
- General understanding of network protocols, SIGINT processing, as well as Open System Interconnection (OSI) seven-layer model
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix system administration
- Experience performing performance and stability analysis and modeling
- Experience working with systems engineers to develop operational tests based on operational scenarios
- Experience using configuration management tools such as ClearCase or Subversion
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.