This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Skilled Labor - Trades, Warehouse, General Labor
Our client in Salem, MA is in need of a Material Handler for a full-time, temp to hire position! This candidate must have Deep Reach Forklift experience!
The Warehouse Material Handler will operate various types of powered industrial equipment to move materials around the warehouse. The Material Handler will ensure accurate receipt, storage, and shipment of food products in a warehouse environment that ranges from 0 degrees to 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Load and unload freight using equipment in an efficient and safe manner.
- Move product to appropriate storage areas.
- Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate area.
- Operate and material handling equipment safely and efficiently.
- Pick orders for shipment and assemble various types of merchandise to be shipped.
- Check or count freight for accuracy and/or damage.
- Conduct operations in a manner, which promotes safety.
- Participate in physical inventory counts.
- Perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently. Equipment to include (but not limited to) stand up forklift, stand up straddle truck, pallet jacks, and radio frequency equipment.
- Report safety issues related to equipment or work environment.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires high school diploma or GED and relevant certifications
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to work either first or second shift.
- Requires some computer skills and experience with radio frequency scanners.
- Must be detail oriented and make accuracy a priority.
- Must be able to work overtime on a daily basis if needed.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Able to work in spaces with 65 inches of headroom
- May be required to work in a freezer environment with inside temperature of 0 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to stand, walk or be on feet for 8 or more hours.
- Must be able to carry up to 50 pounds.
Pre-employment Drug & Alcohol Screening and Background Check Required