This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Accounting, Admin - Clerical, Finance
ACCOUNTANT / BOOKKEEPER
A multi-location franchisee of Quick Service Restaurants is currently looking for an individual to join the Accounting department as a Staff Accountant in our Lenexa, Kansas.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Compile and analyze the financial information needed for preparation and posting of journal entries.
- Prepare financial statements for review and approval.
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial data and reports.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts.
- Quarterly and monthly tax reporting
- Assist with bi-weekly payroll.
- Perform ad hoc projects and other duties as assigned.
- Technical skills that enable work to be completed efficiently and accurately.
- Problem solving skills and an ability to analyze financial information for reasonableness and accuracy.
- Dependable, punctual and able to commit to extra hours when needed to make recurring financial deadlines.
- Work well as part of a team and able to interact with individuals from various backgrounds.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an accounting role.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and must be very organized.
- Professional attitude and presentation.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (advanced Excel skills required).
- CYMA experience a plus.
We offer employment with a stable company and a friendly environment. Our benefits package includes:
- Medical, and dental insurance available
- Discounted meals at our restaurants