This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Health Care, Management, Nurse
As the Director of Nursing, you will ensure residents receive the best-in-class nursing care as you oversee the management of all nursing services, including the registered nurse staff and the certified nursing assistant team. In addition, you will use your healthcare-management experience to effectively plan, lead and organize the nursing staff in accordance with current federal, state and Extendicare standards, guidelines and regulations. If you have the vision and desire to improve today’s ever-changing healthcare environment, continue your career with Extendicare!
Schedule and assign the staff of nurses (RN’s) as needed to ensure delivery of prescribed resident healthcare
Responsible for recruitment, training, supervision and employee evaluations of nursing staff
Review resident charts and nursing care with department heads, physicians and other facility staff
Manage nursing budget within company guidelines
Confirm nursing department compliance with federal, state and local regulations
Complete required reports and documentation on the patient, facility and corporate levels
Communicate with residents and family members while making daily rounds
Ensure proper documentation of information in resident records
Triage as necessary and monitor wound care
As the Director of Nursing, we will give you the tools you need to succeed. In addition to being a healthcare nursing professional, you will have a passion for long-term resident care and the following:
- Registered Nurse license (RN)
- Experience proactively prioritizing and managing nursing services
- Ability to communicate confidently, clearly, concisely and professionally in English, both verbally and in writing
- Comfortable rapport while interfacing with residents, families and facility staff
- Ability to provide constructive criticism to nursing staff and to identify opportunities for professional development
- Capability of working a flexible schedule with occasional overnight travel
- Long-term care experience is preferred
- 3-5 years as a Director of Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing, Nursing Manager or Unit Manager is preferred
In addition to providing our employees with the tools necessary for development and success, we offer an attractive compensation and industry leading benefits package.
- 401(k) and matching contributions
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- STD/LTD and life insurance
- Paid time off – personal, sick, vacation and holiday
- Employee-assistance program – employees and dependents
- …..And more!
Career Growth – Extendicare regularly promotes from within. Our employees regularly transfer facilities and grow into regional and corporate positions.
Support and Resources – Assistance and support is always available from the regional and corporate level to ensure your success.
Training – We invest in you! Training and continuing education are encouraged to promote skill development.
Great people are our greatest strength! APPLY now!