This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Defender Security Company, with offices nationwide, is hiring an Associate Counsel. The successful candidate will have 5-7 years of general experience in litigation, business transactions and corporate governance. Strong academic credentials and in-house or top law firm experience are required. Must be well-organized, an excellent writer, and able to manage numerous projects and conflicting demands in a fast-paced environment. The Associate Counsel will report directly to the General Counsel in a team oriented legal department.
- Develop expertise in the assigned subject matter(s).
- Draft and negotiate contracts.
- Assist with corporate governance matters.
- Develop relationships with internal business partners who will routinely seek the Associate Counsel’s advice and participation.
- Provide accurate and timely legal advice to business partners, including analyzing fact situations, conducting legal research, reviewing opinions, writing memoranda, drafting documents advocating company positions, and negotiating with attorneys and others both inside and outside the company.
- Manage outside counsel on select litigation, coordinate litigation strategy and, on a limited basis, participate in litigation.
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as required.
The Associate Counsel must be licensed to practice, and in good standing, in the State of Indiana.
In addition to pure legal skills, the successful candidate must be able to work cross functionally in a team, be a self-starter, and take pride in excellent work product. Candidates must also demonstrate an ability to work well with the Company’s senior managers as well as front-line employees.
Defender Security Company is a culture-driven company. We believe that businesses don’t grow, people do. Candidates should therefore be able to exhibit a history of personal and professional growth.