This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Title: CAD Engineer
Salary: $30,000-40,000/year (based on experience)
Location: Garrett, IN
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops difficult and complex layout and design drawings utilizing theoretical and practical design knowledge, that they meet company and industry standards and codes. Utilizing CAD Techniques.
- Utilizes a CAD workstation to prepare difficult and complex layout and design drawings utilizing theoretical and practical design knowledge. Interprets and ensures conformance to applicable standards and codes, as well as company policies and procedures. Understands and utilizes more advanced software to complete assignments.
- Works closely with Engineering tea and other disciplines to ensure coordinated design systems.
- Meets layout requirements and develops alternate design layouts of systems as required.
- Ensures compliance with required design safety factors, tolerances, and specifications.
- Reviews supplier data and supplier/manufacturer drawings, as required.
- Checks orthographic (2D) and/or isometric (3D) drawings prepared by others. Performs checking procedures as appropriate to the discipline and assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 2-year technical degree or certificate of completion from an accredited designer/drafter course (or equivalent) is preferred, as well as 4-6 years of relevant experience.
- The potential candidate should be proficient with the following: CAD software:
- Intergraph Microstation J
- PDS 3D Equipment Modeling, PD Draw
- Smart Plant Review
- Must possess ability to pass background check
- Must be willing to submit to and pass drug screen
- Basic knowledge of HVAC design
- Using Intergraph PDS 3D model to conduct interference checking and generate plan and section drawings
- Familiar with Parsons Intelligent P&ID’s production is a plus
- Proficiency in Microstation Version 7.0 or J and PDS (Plant Design Systems) would be helpful.