This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Information Technology
Prestigious firm in the Rosemont area is looking for a Senior Network Engineer who has strong experience with the 802.11 protocol. This company is an all Cisco shop and is looking for an individual who works with Cisco products. This company has 100 locations globally and the wireless network will be going out to all locations. Experience with OSPF, BGP, EIGRP protocols are also required, their MPLS is outsourced to Verizon but an individual must understand the MPLS network. This role is a lot of operational support and will also work with other Senior Network Engineer on doing design and architecture. 5-10% project management. This role requires good business facing skills.
Position responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
Support and Maintenance
• Ensure timely resolution of all tickets issued by the ITSC
- Participate in the current change control process.
• Communicate, train, and support the IT Service Center & Outsourced Service provider team
• Perform ongoing monitoring, alerting, and reporting of current resource utilization levels, and errors in the environment using a variety of tools and processes
• Implement and maintain network security best practices by assessing current threats, vulnerabilities, risks and associated technical countermeasures.
• Maintain current counts inventories for support and maintenance per location by working with our selected vendor.
Strategy & Planning
• Perform analysis & trending of utilization and growth providing a proactive design based on the demand of the business.
• Build, maintain, and audit all network related documentation as it relates to configuration, processes, service records, asset inventories, topologies, administration manuals, job instructions, support contacts etc.
• 5 years of Network Engineering experience with Cisco equipment for medium to large organizations with remote locations
- Experience with the 802.11 protocol as well as EIGRP, BGP, and OSP.
• Familiar with design, architecture, and implementation of WAN, LAN, and security implementations
• Experience working with all application owners and other IT stakeholders to build and support the most efficient and stable networking capabilities
• Experience with 24 X 7 support leadership in conjunction with an outsourced service provider maintaining accountability and measurement of uptime, and performance
• High School diploma (or equivalent) required
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience
• Preferred Certifications: CCNA / CCSA
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.