This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Human Resources
Weil-McLain based is known as best in class for residential and commercial boilers, indirect-fired water heating, and control systems. Weil-McLain is a diverse and global company that offers a wealth of opportunity for high performing individuals. Our culture demands driven, energetic, global thinkers with the desire for aggressive personal growth.
The HRBP partners with the local leadership team to support organizational development, local goals, growth, cultural change and innovation. This role is provides HR support for the Division Office, Sales, WT, and Michigan City, IN. The HRBP is a change agent for strategic and tactical improvements.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures HR Services are effectively delivered. This includes but is not limited to: Training & Development, Talent Acquisition, Performance Management, and Employee Relations.
- Implements HR strategies to support business unit goals. Understands functional objectives, business objectives, and HR's role in delivering on the objectives.
- Manages the full scope of the employee life cycle including: identifying resourcing issues, implementing local staffing plans (temp & hourly) to ensure staffing levels are met, managing local recruiting (hourly), onboarding (salaried & Hourly), and implementing exit policies / practices (salaried & hourly).
- Facilitates union contract administration, including the grievance procedure, while supporting overall positive employee relations and maintaining a strong floor presence.
- Proactively seeks feedback to improve service levels and recommends relevant policy / process changes. Recognizes and acts on opportunities for HR to add value to the business.
- Implements learning and development plans to support locational needs, including the Skilled Trades Apprenticeship Program.
- Supports supervisors and managers with performance management needs through the use of processes and tools. This includes coaching, addressing performance issues, developing employees, and succession planning.
- Supports effective local communication (monthly operations meetings, 360, tool box talks, announcements).
- Understands and applies employment & labor law, policies, practices, and compliance. Adapts to changing labor laws. Ensures HR records are maintained to support HR audit & compliance (including ISO and ASME certification requirements).
- Supports and implements site Recognition programs in partnership with Operations and functional strategies.
- Administers the annual Internship Program.
- Member of the local Operations Leadership team.
- An advocate and steward for a strong Continuous Improvement and Safety Culture.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs and develop solutions.
- Well-organized with a systematic approach to responsibilities.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Proven ability to coach and advise supervisors / managers on employee relations issues.
- Ability to effectively deliver training and engage participants to ensure understanding.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel & PowerPoint preferred).
- Experience in managing and implementing projects.
- Ability to work independently.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree in HR related field.
- 3-5 years in a HRBP role.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
Preferred Education / Experience
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Experience with PeopleSoft and Kronos preferred.
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
As a reward for your contribution to the company’s success, you will receive a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package with medical/vision, 401(k) plan, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement assistance and more. We believe in rewarding people based on their results and contribution and we also believe in providing greater career opportunities based on accomplishment. Our success begins with the people in our company and the standards by which we judge ourselves.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our commitment to diversity is the power behind our achievement.