This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Information Technology
Responsibilities: Kforce is seeking a Software Engineer for an Itasca, Illinois client. This position reports to the Director of RF. This is a Developer role and the consultant will be programming and parsing data from very large files requiring UNIX/Linux experience. There is not a lot of interaction with others so this person must be a self starter with the ability to take information and come up with a plan.
- Identify access options to sources of metric and configuration data available in the RAN and work with engineering to develop custom tools leveraging RAN data for managing the network
- Validate periodic automated reporting software for parameter values and metrics against various baselines to ensure accurate reports
- Develop tools for engineering used to visualize geographic performance of RAN metrics and configurations in order to better understand, predict and tune the network
- Develop tools for engineering used to produce histograms and cumulative distribution functions of RAN metrics
- Write SQL, MySQL Google Earth and MapInfo parsers for filtering geo-coded datasets
- Create small customized parsing applications as needed
- Create Web interface front end for the parsers and presentation of performance data
- Maintain thorough records and engineering documentation to ensure accurate and repeatable software builds
- Support and help manage problems and fixes, ensure post fix documentation and root cause analysis
Kforce (Nasdaq:KFRC) is a professional staffing and solutions firm providing flexible and permanent staffing solutions in the skill areas of technology, finance & accounting, clinical research and healthcare. Backed by approximately our associates and consultants on assignment, Kforce is committed to "Great People = Great Results" for our valued clients and candidates. Kforce operates with 65 offices located throughout the United States and two offices in the Philippines.
Job Ref#: 2312~EQG~1157707T1~99
The following skills, knowledge and experience are required for this position unless noted otherwise:
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the development of Unix/Linux and Windows based tools along with C/C++
- Expertise in Unix/Linux scripting including use of Shell, Perl; Python, PHP, or Linux administration is a plus
- Experience writing SQL and MySQL queries as well as building web interfaces
- Experience writing Linux applications using GTK+
- Understanding of database designs and visualization tools used for GIS
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technology
- Self-motivated and ability to work well in cross-functional teams
- Strong communication skills including technical documentation, written reports, development and delivery of presentations and the ability to listen to and communicate effectively with customers and vendors
- Understanding of Wireless data service and systems (EVDO) and WiFi (802.11abgn) is a plus