This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Nurse, Health Care
Note: Please read the complete description below before applying for this job. Complete Description
Come join us and be a part of Something Special Inside
. Our patients and our visitors have said it for years. There's just something special...something different about Provena Mercy Medical Center.The Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, directing, coordinating, evaluating and providing the patient care given to a specific group of patients utilizing the nursing process and established Hospital policies and procedures. Coordinates with the physician, other health care team members and family members to ensure the highest standard of care. Specific Responsibilities:
- Responsible for utilizing the nursing process which includes developing, implementing and updating a comprehensive patient plan of care to meet the patient's physical, psychological and social needs.
- Responsible for continuous and accurate patient care for those assigned patients in accordance with department standards of care consistent with accepted standards of practice of JCAHO, IDPH, and other regulatory agencies.
- Demonstration of a commitment to the organization by supporting and adapting to changes consistent with operating goals and a changing healthcare environment.
- Demonstration of the ability to interact and cooperate with all customers (internal and external).
- Performance of other activities in support of unit operations.
Minimum of Associate's degree (A. A.) in nursing from an accredited school. Surgery: 1-3 years med/surg nursing experience; one year surgery experience preferred PACU: 1-3 years med/surg experience; one year critical care experience SSU: 1-3 years med/surg experienceTo perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Order processing systems. Experience with Meditech software preferred.Current Illinois Registered Nurse License and current certification in CPR. Additional InformationWeekend and/or Holiday Rotation may be required.Provena Health is committed to diversity. Diversity is about inclusion of differences and the respectful involvement of all people, calling forth the gifts from each person's culture, perspective, and background. We believe that respecting, leveraging, and celebrating the diversity of our work force, our patients, residents and their families, and our communities create value. We practice inclusion because it is central to our mission and values, and enables us to respond to the diverse needs of those we serve. Provena Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Provena Health, a Catholic Health System, builds communities of healing and hope by compassionately responding to human need in the spirit of Jesus Christ. Provena Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with all applicable local, state and federal civil rights and equal employment laws and regulations. The men and women of Provena Health are special because first and foremost they believe in service to others. Our 10,000-plus employees and the more than 1,700 physicians on staff are here to help, care and heal. Our desire to serve is matched by our commitment to excellence, and by our belief that to deliver the very finest health care we must continually learn, improve and develop our abilities. Our integrated system includes six owned acute care hospitals and 14 owned long-term care and residential centers. These quality health care facilities enables us to meet the growing needs of the communities we serve.