This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Construction, Management
At Interstates we’re meeting the electrical and automation needs of hundreds of clients across the nation. Our four business units provide turnkey electrical engineering, construction, instrumentation, and control systems solutions to variety of industrial and commercial clients. We believe strongly in the value we can bring clients when we have the opportunity to serve clients in an integrated way.
Interstates Control Systems is currently seeking a Project Manager professional to lead project management initiatives, indentify obstacles, and find collaborative ways to increase value in the project delivery process. We expect this person to create group collaboration while developing solutions for various projects. Your proven success will allow you to expand and lead an effort we believe to be a key element in the long term future success of our overall business.
Major Performance Objectives: This is a true Leadership position, charged with building project teams and client outcomes in an Automation and Controls environment.
- Manage key account efforts while being the clients “trusted advisor" to provide premium value to our clients.
- Strong performance orientation, team building and interpersonal skills.
- Unify project delivery team with unified project goals and objectives and successfully delivering on those goals.
- Lead team collaboration and motivation: understand business expectations and set project goals
- Participate and encourage strong sound teamwork with in multiple electrical specialties. (construction, engineering, automation, and instrumentation)
- Facilitate project decisions and recommendations that have a value impact on our clients.
- Direct and set the tone of our communication with clients during and after projects.
- Use and continuously improve project systems to plan and deliver project successfully
Interstate is proud of the honors we have received for excellence in project delivery and for our safe practices on the jobsite. We have been recognized and awarded for our work in numerous industries at both national and state levels. We offer a competitive salary and great benefits, focus on the training and development of our team members, and our business growth will provide you with consistent challenge and career development opportunities.
- 3+ yrs of experience in Project Management -- $100k-$2M technical projects (including jobsite and installation experience)
- Desired certification/credentials: PMP
- Project Management experience with a focus in leading and developing team members
- Bachelor of Science Degree or Associates Degree with 3-5 years of relevant experience(Construction Management or Engineering preferred)
- Able to work out of our Sioux Falls, SD Regional Office or Corporate Office in Sioux Center, IA
- Travel: 35%