This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: QA - Quality Control, Engineering
Performs standard engineering work requiring application of recognized techniques and procedures. Assignments may include higher-level engineering work that may not be typical of an Engineer II. Works under close supervision of supervisor or senior engineering staff member. Supervisor screens assignments for unusual complexities and selects non-routine techniques and procedures to be applied.
- •Uses established procedures and works under immediate supervision to perform assigned tasks.
- •Responsible for fixture design, and for writing, reviewing and approving test reports.
- •Will serve as a liaison between Engineering and the Test Lab.
- •Responsible for Test Lab S2 Program, documentation of fixtures and wiring schematics.
- •Responsible for analyzing data and for verifying the validity and relevance of test results as required by engineering staff.
- •Work will consist of both routine and somewhat more difficult assignments, which require independent evaluation, original thinking, or ingenuity.
- •Work will also be varied and may be somewhat difficult in character, but usually involves limited responsibility.
- •Provides technical information to others and may have limited responsibility for direction of others.
Continuing developmental level engineer or entry level for MS Engineering. Bachelor's Degree in an applicable engineering field, computer science, an Engineer in Training (EIT) or a professional license. Must have the ability to plan, organize and carry out technical activities. Requires effective written and oral communication skills as well as technical presentation skills. Knows fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of particu¬lar discipline. Needs to be able to cope with stresses and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained. Competent in Microsoft Office products (including Visio and Project), and CAD (ACAD and ProE). Needs to be knowledgeable and possess troubleshooting ability for electrical (AC-DC) and hydraulic circuits, and be able to use measurement tools such as calipers, height indicators, volt/amp meters, and micrometers. Works effectively in groups. Experience using Somat, data logger, PLC, operating a mill, cutoff saws, and welding preferred.