This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Business Opportunity, Sales
Privately held manufacturer of finned tube heat exchangers is seeking a Sales Rep to manage clients and develop new business with industrial OEMs in the Southeast (GA, FL, MS, AL, TN ). This company will invest in the right individual over a three year period so that he/she will be running their own business at the end of the period.
My client’s customers order both standard, repeat products and highly engineered, one-off products for industrial and commercial applications. Existing OEMs in the territory manufacture equipment used for aircraft ground support, commercial and industrial laundry equipment, food service equipment, industrial coolers, heat pipes used in commercial buildings, and more.
Business in the Southeast is growing rapidly, and opportunities exist with a commercial boiler manufacturer, a Fortune 50 manufacturer, an industrial oil heater manufacturer and more.
The Sales Rep will report to the General Manager (an Industrial Engineer with an MBA from Harvard) who is looking forward to mentoring this person to become a highly successful business owner.
What’s Great About the Company
- Well managed (through controlled, steady growth) and profitable.
- Acknowledged as innovator in the heat transfer business.
- Very strong sales applications engineering support.
- Recognized for providing very high quality products.
- Strong, supportive relationships with sales distribution channels.
- Products are used in many different applications, reducing risk associated with one industry.
What’s Great About the Opportunity
- Build your business for the long-term; maintain an income in the short-term.
- Strong mentoring and support to help you develop your territory, product, and application knowledge.
What You Bring to the Position
- Energy and desire to be an entrepreneur
- Business acumen, particularly within the industrial manufacturing sector
OTHER HELPFUL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Comfortable and confident dealing with business owners, procurement, engineering, and operations
- Technical sales – heat exchangers, process steam equipment, pipes/valves/fittings, pumps, etc.
- BSME or equivalent
- OEM sales experience